PDA

View Full Version : Detail shop in Boston

Spazdoc
01-16-2007, 11:04 PM
Hey guys,

I am in serious need of detailing my Jetta to prep it for sale. I live in the city, so absilutely no opportunity to wax or polish myself. Also, I need to wet sand or serious buff a couple of dull areas (from clear coat repair) on the exterior.

Does anyone have any recommendations for Boston city area detailing places? I am looking for a thorough detail, including engine area.

Thanks in advance.

r6girl
05-09-2007, 08:02 AM
i know this is an old thread, but i'm also looking for any recommendations for a good detailer in the boston area. anyone have any?

Spazdoc
05-09-2007, 09:50 AM
I posted this in e90post.com:

Okay, when I traded in my beloved Jetta, I had it detailed at A-Z Autocenter. I did a complete detail job (about $200) for trade-in eval, and he just did a fantactic job with clay bar, polish, wax ,and interior conditioning. He even cleaned up a section that had an old 'ghetto' dent repair. I have to say that I was VERY impressed with his service, quality of the job, and speed.

The detialing is done at the Brighton shop, and they have full auto repair and body work services, so if you need a little more than detailing, then they can do that as well. They were able to give me realistic estimates on any minor repairs and recommendations on what I needed do for a trade-in.

I liked his service so much that I took the car to him for a basic wash this past weekend - my first wash in the new car. The wash is a HAND wash, with tire dressing and cleaning of door jambs, all for $19!! Hard to beat, even with those crappy automatic 'touchless' for over $20 that don't even touch the tires. Mind you, the car washing is done in the slot behind the shop (you just pull behind the shop). Plus, it was THE BEST hand wash I have had since coming to Boston.

Just ask for Marco, and you can tell him that Arthur with the Blue BMW recommended him (or not, but I will continue to go to him). They do hand wash on Saturdays until about 1 or 2pm.

r6girl
05-11-2007, 11:56 AM
I posted this in e90post.com:

thanks for the info! i will check them out. i'm a little paranoid since my car is black and it gets swirl marks if you look at it too hard - hopefully they can show me work they've done on black vehicles so i can see if they're careful enough to avoid them and/or good at removing them...

Spazdoc
05-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Then I would recommend Marco. He personally does the hand wash on every other Saturday, and he is the detail guy. He knows all the tricks to properly washing cars.

Plus, they have a body shop....

BMWTech4983
05-13-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm a tech for BMW of Peabody, we have a guy named richie that works in the SPA i believe our price for the "works" is around 160-180$ and he is the most anal person I've ever met when it comes to cleaning cars. Every car is hand washed, waxed and buffed. He'll do the exterior interior engine bay wheels tires buff out scratches you name it. Customers all request him by name now and he's done miracle work for Black cars that look like someone washed them with sandpaper. He works at our 7 centennial drive shop located in peabody massachusetts. He's there monday through friday 7am to around 5pm.

Spazdoc
05-13-2007, 07:22 PM
^^^ thanks for the info. BTW, where would I call to get ahold of him, in case I am in the area (I am out in Peabody once in a while). Is he at the dealership or his own shop?

ktc
05-13-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm a tech for BMW of Peabody, we have a guy named richie that works in the SPA i believe our price for the "works" is around 160-180$ and he is the most anal person I've ever met when it comes to cleaning cars. Every car is hand washed, waxed and buffed. He'll do the exterior interior engine bay wheels tires buff out scratches you name it. Customers all request him by name now and he's done miracle work for Black cars that look like someone washed them with sandpaper. He works at our 7 centennial drive shop located in peabody massachusetts. He's there monday through friday 7am to around 5pm.

I'm interested in bringing my 330i over to the Peabody spa as I work in the North Shore, but I've wondered about how thorough the job is. Whenever I take my car there for typical services and get a "free exterior hand wash", I see areas where they completely missed afterwards next to the clean areas.

Hope an actual paid spa is more thorough.

1985mb
03-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Bump.... who else has Boston detailing recommendations?

BMWFanboy
03-20-2009, 05:42 PM
Check this: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305525&highlight=.