PDA

View Full Version : northeast area

tarx3
01-17-2007, 11:22 AM
I would like to get a remote start in my new 07 x3. The dealer says he doesn't install them. In the cold they are almost necessary. Anyone know an aftermarket installer?

vern
01-18-2007, 07:05 AM
I would like to get a remote start in my new 07 x3. The dealer says he doesn't install them. In the cold they are almost necessary. Anyone know an aftermarket installer?
They don't want to install them because you shouldn't idle your car for long periods of time
cheers
vern

x3ronnie
01-18-2007, 08:07 AM

With the X3 it's really unneccessary. The heat comes on really fast, and idling wastes fuel, and wears on the engine. Then there's the issue of bypassing antitheft/security features. Oh and how about messing with the electronics and voidong you warranty-Yikes! It gets pleenty cold here, and I'm fine without one. I have had one on previous vehicles from 1999-2004 (when I got my X3). You should save your money imo.

x3man
01-18-2007, 01:18 PM
Better to get heated seats instead. Remote starters are useless gadgets.

tarx3
01-19-2007, 08:15 AM
Thanks I'll try not having a remote for awhile. It will be the first vehicle in 10 years without one, so I'll have to get used to it. btw I am getting heated seats and a heated steering wheel

ycrazyy
01-19-2007, 09:09 AM
I hear you about the remote start. I had one on my previous trucks, but only because they were big american SUV's with large engines (V8's) and took forever to heat up. I was worried about that on this car, but in all honesty, in a couple of minutes it is all warmed up... the heated seats and heated steering wheel help quite a bit as well.