PDA

View Full Version : Purpose of Fin on Rear Roof

ncx3
01-18-2007, 06:58 PM
Hi,

Someone asked me this and I looked thru my books and have no idea what this is for. On the back roof of the X3 is a fin. Is this there for aero dynamics or is this just the design?

Thanks,

Gail

calgaryx3
01-18-2007, 07:03 PM
This would be an antenna for your audio system. The fin is often referred to as a "sharkfin" (because of it's shape) by automotive enthusiasts.

Asif

TexRob
01-18-2007, 07:16 PM
This would be an antenna for your audio system. The fin is often referred to as a "sharkfin" (because of it's shape) by automotive enthusiasts.

Asif

It actually houses a few antenna elements. For the radio, Sirius, and the cell phone every car has built into it for BMW assist.

calgaryx3
01-19-2007, 09:34 AM
It actually houses a few antenna elements. For the radio, Sirius, and the cell phone every car has built into it for BMW assist.

:thumbup:
A

bhsLovesBlustar
02-23-2007, 03:33 PM

Sorry to keep beating this horse, but there seems to be conflicting information as to what the fin does... does it contain the antenna for BMW ASSIST or not? It's important when considering the ZPD option on the e93 (removal of fin)...