PDA

View Full Version : Mark your track calendars

Stuka
01-02-2003, 11:42 PM
and get permissions from your wives/gf's early, because it's going to be a busy year.:thumbup:

3/1-2 Sears Point

4/5-6 Button Willow

5/17-18 Vegas Big Track

6/6 Button Willow

6/7-8 Willow Springs

8/1-2 Thunder Hill

8/23-24 California Speedway

9/20-21 Button Willow

10/31-11/1 Sears Point

11/22-23 Laguna Seca

12/6-7 Laguna Seca

Now the question is, how many of these schools can my bank account handle this year?:confused::eeps: :bigpimp:

So, how many of Hack's tech session regular attendees plan on going to the above listed schools? It would be great to see guys besides Raffi, Mr. Alpina, and moi...

Andy
02 M3 CB/Cloth SMG

operknockity
01-02-2003, 11:47 PM
Would've loved to do the California Speedway school associated with TechFest West, but I'm gonna be way too busy between now and then to deal with prepping for it.

I think it's already been mentioned in another thread, but I can't find it right now... Which school/track would be best for a first timer?

Stuka
01-02-2003, 11:51 PM
Button Willow, no question.

There is no tire walls, just dirt. Ask Mr. Alpina himself.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Also, Button Willow is very technical yet forgiving. Unlike Sears Point, which is very technical and unforgiving, in a tire wall kissing kind of way.:yikes: :yikes: :bigpimp:

"Oh ****, Andy is heading straight for the wall!":banghead: :flipoff: :bigpimp:

Andy
02 M3 CB/Cloth SMG

Galun
01-02-2003, 11:54 PM
Mr Stuka and Raffi, I should have a place for you guys to stay this time :thumbup:

Looks like a trip down to south cal for 6/6, 7, and 8!!!

Raffi
01-02-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Stuka

"Oh ****, Andy is heading straight for the wall!":banghead: :flipoff: :bigpimp:

Was I putting too much pressure on your @ss with my lowly 225 hp 330ci? :dunno: :bigpimp: :angel: :p

Raffi
01-02-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Galun
Mr Stuka and Raffi, I should have a place for you guys to stay this time :thumbup:

Awesome, thanks dude! :thumbup:

Raffi
01-02-2003, 11:57 PM

Now the question is, how many of these schools can my bank account handle this year?

Dood, I think I could potentially attend ALL of them! :bigpimp: :bigpimp: :bigpimp: They're spread out very nicely, once a month on average!
:D

Raffi
01-02-2003, 11:58 PM

There is no tire walls, just dirt.

Or mud if it's rained - ask Raffi! :p :p

Raffi
01-03-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by operknockity
Would've loved to do the California Speedway school associated with TechFest West, but I'm gonna be way too busy between now and then to deal with prepping for it.

Dooood, WHAT prepping? All you need to do is tech the car, and it takes an hour max. You should DEFINITELY attend the TFW school, b/c Carl, Judy and the crew at Driving Concepts are awesome. :thumbup:

DINANISR3
01-03-2003, 02:45 AM
ey Stuka, which ones are you going to? ive never been yet.. but want to.. and how much does an event usually cost?

doeboy
01-03-2003, 02:50 AM
I too would be interested in some of the nearby ones provided my pocketbook can handle it.... (so far with all the car toys I want to buy, looks like it might be kinda hard) :D :angel:

I'd need to get a helmet too I suppose...

DINANISR3
01-03-2003, 02:55 AM
my brother gave me his motorcycle helmet for X-mas.. and i just got fresh tires.. so im good to go :thumbup:

Galun
01-03-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by DINANISR3
and how much does an event usually cost?

Depending on the track, it probably ranges from $500 to $650 for a two day track event. Also, you may need to pay for your tech inspection if your car is an earlier year model. The place where I get my car spec'd charges $35 for cars older than 3 years old (I think).

operknockity
01-03-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Raffi
Dooood, WHAT prepping? All you need to do is tech the car, and it takes an hour max. You should DEFINITELY attend the TFW school, b/c Carl, Judy and the crew at Driving Concepts are awesome. :thumbup:
Well lets's see... Still gotta get a helmet... Gotta flush/fill with SuperBlue... Gotta get the tech inspection... etc. etc. But, between now and then I've got too many commitments to be carless, 3 out of town weddings to go to (at least one is in SF so I'm gonna have some driving fun!)... etc., etc., etc. :bawling: :bawling:

Mr Paddle.Shift
01-03-2003, 09:29 AM
Mmmmmm......dirt is good....*drool*.... :lmao:

Are these LA CCA events? I will most likely be down with ButtonWillow events. :bigpimp:

There is no tire walls, just dirt. Ask Mr. Alpina himself.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Also, Button Willow is very technical yet forgiving. Unlike Sears Point, which is very technical and unforgiving, in a tire wall kissing kind of way.

Andy
02 M3 CB/Cloth SMG

Galun
01-03-2003, 09:34 AM
I think it's already been mentioned in another thread, but I can't find it right now... Which school/track would be best for a first timer?

From my limited track experience, I would have to say Buttonwillow. That's because they have very large run off areas in case you go off the track. It just makes you that much more comfortable on the track as a first timer. But it wasn't an "easy track" - I think someone posted pictures of a totaled C4S at Buttonwillow a while back?

The HACK
01-03-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by doeboy
I too would be interested in some of the nearby ones provided my pocketbook can handle it.... (so far with all the car toys I want to buy, looks like it might be kinda hard) :D :angel:

I'd need to get a helmet too I suppose...

Helmet will be provided either free or for a very small rental deposit. Track cost varies from $395-$600 for some of the more "premiere" tracks like California Speeday and Laguna Seca.

I did the one day with Driving Concepts in Buttonwillow on July 5th last year and it was a real eye opener...I'm going to Buttonwillow again for sure in April, it may get oppressively hot by June.

Too bad there isn't another So. Cal school later in the year...Would love to hit Willowsprings sometime in October or November.

The HACK
01-03-2003, 09:48 AM
Well lets's see... Still gotta get a helmet... Gotta flush/fill with SuperBlue... Gotta get the tech inspection... etc. etc. But, between now and then I've got too many commitments to be carless, 3 out of town weddings to go to (at least one is in SF so I'm gonna have some driving fun!)... etc., etc., etc. :bawling: :bawling:

I think the April B-Willow school would be perfect...It's after TFW, B-Willow is a damn fun school and it's probably the least daunting of all the tracks. It's close enough to So Cal, I've got a place to crash in Bakersfield if you need to...I think we'll get a pretty big contingency at B-Willow. April is the perfect time, it doesn't get to 100+ degrees on the track.

What we can also do is probably hold another TechSession before some of the schools to get Tech issues resolved before we go.

Raffi
01-03-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by The HACK
I think the April B-Willow school would be perfect...It's after TFW, B-Willow is a damn fun school and it's probably the least daunting of all the tracks. It's close enough to So Cal, I've got a place to crash in Bakersfield if you need to...I think we'll get a pretty big contingency at B-Willow. April is the perfect time, it doesn't get to 100+ degrees on the track.

What we can also do is probably hold another TechSession before some of the schools to get Tech issues resolved before we go.

:thumbup: :thumbup: Operknockity, no more excuses! :p ;) :angel:

The HACK
01-03-2003, 11:18 AM
SH*T! I just realize that weekend my friend's getting married (Stuka and I will be groomsmen I think)...April B-Willow school is out for me. :(

I still MUST attend a school at the beginning of the year thoug. :thumbup:

Raffi
01-03-2003, 12:22 PM

I still MUST attend a school at the beginning of the year thoug. :thumbup:

TFW school at Fontana! :bigpimp:

Plaz
01-03-2003, 04:52 PM
April or June at Buttonwillow, and/or May in Vegas. How hot is it in Vegas by May? :thumbup:

The HACK
01-03-2003, 04:58 PM
TFW school at Fontana! :bigpimp:

Depending on the cost...If it's less than $450 then I'll be up for it. :thumbup:

Raffi
01-03-2003, 05:06 PM
Depending on the cost...If it's less than $450 then I'll be up for it. :thumbup:

Don't know the cost yet, but since it's a week-day school, that should be right around the price range.

Raffi
01-03-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Plaz
April or June at Buttonwillow, and/or May in Vegas. How hot is it in Vegas by May? :thumbup:

Could be anywhere between 75 and 90+ ....

Raffi
01-03-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by VinceTopasBlau3
Are these LA CCA events?

No. Some LA, some Central California and some Golden Gate Chapter ...

operknockity
01-03-2003, 07:01 PM
Don't know the cost yet, but since it's a week-day school, that should be right around the price range.
And TFW attendees get a discount on the Fontana school!

Raffi
01-04-2003, 08:25 PM
Just got the application for the Vegas chapter school on May 17 & 18! :bigpimp:

operknockity
01-04-2003, 10:08 PM
And TFW attendees get a discount on the Fontana school!
I talked to Carl McGinn (Mr Driving Concepts!) at the BMW reception, and he doesn't yet have prices (something about an issue with insurance), but TFW attendees that go to the school held on the Thursday before TFW will get at least a 10% discount :thumbup:

Raffi
01-06-2003, 12:03 AM
I talked to Carl McGinn (Mr Driving Concepts!) at the BMW reception, and he doesn't yet have prices (something about an issue with insurance), but TFW attendees that go to the school held on the Thursday before TFW will get at least a 10% discount :thumbup:

And BTW, it is the infield course. I'm definitely there.:thumbup:

Galun
01-06-2003, 01:25 AM
Just got the application for the Vegas chapter school on May 17 & 18! :bigpimp:

How much is it gonna cost? :dunno:

italia550i
01-06-2003, 06:16 PM
Please keep me in the loop with respect to these events. I did a driving school with Trac Quest not so long ago at Buttonwillow and since then I am hooked.

BTW I must recommend Trac Quest as an organizer of events like this. Groups were small (~14 cars) and Instructors were knowledgable and plentiful. Plus, I think my 330 was the least expensive car out there. Oh and I went from a full tank to empty on both days. They have an event March 1&2 at Leguna Seca for $700.00 that I have my eye on.

Anyway... Seriously, I would love to join you guys for some events, so let me know.

Raffi
01-06-2003, 10:40 PM
How much is it gonna cost? :dunno:

$475 for the week-end school, plus $13.50 to become a member of the Sin City chapter (this is mandated by BMW CCA).

Galun
01-06-2003, 10:55 PM
$475 for the week-end school, plus $13.50 to become a member of the Sin City chapter (this is mandated by BMW CCA).

Pricing seems reasonable. I might just make a trip down to LV that weekend!

How did you get the application so early?

Raffi
01-06-2003, 11:16 PM
Pricing seems reasonable. I might just make a trip down to LV that weekend!

How did you get the application so early?

I've attended their school for the past 2 years, and I'm a member of their chapter, so I'm on their e-mail list. :D :D

Mr Paddle.Shift
01-06-2003, 11:21 PM
Darn it...the Driving Concepts event is on a weekday! Plus the TFW too. Seems like I am to take the entire week off or something....

:(

Definitely in for Buttonwillow on March 1 and 2. ;)

Raffi
01-07-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by VinceTopasBlau3
Darn it...the Driving Concepts event is on a weekday! Plus the TFW too. Seems like I am to take the entire week off or something....

:confused: :confused: TFW is in March, the Vegas school is in May... :confused: :confused: