BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Starting engine

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Burtman 
#1 ·
I have had my 2007 x3 for three days and during the past few times that I went to start the engine it wasn't on. I think I my not be turning the key completly do to the fact that this vehicle make little to no sounds when being started. has anyone else find this happen to them when first having their new(first)BMW. So far I truly believe this to be the best vehicle I have owned.I have driven one five or six times before ordering mine back in November.All the extras except sport package.

#4 ·
It took me a few weeks to get used to having to hold the key in the start position. My previous vehicles (Mercedes) would start with just a "flick" of the key to the start position. I've owned an Audi that did require holding the key in start, but the X3 seems to take just a few milliseconds longer. After 6 months, I***8217;m used to it now, though.

My wife***8217;s Lexus has ***8220;Smart Key***8221; with push-button start (of course Mercedes has had this for years, calling it Keyless-Go). Once you get used to that system where you never even take the key out of your pocket, it***8217;s really hard to go back to using a key. I am betting that within five years, this will become as ubiquitous as keyless entry and power windows.

#5 ·
Starting problem fixed

Just came back from the dealer(Burdick) and found out that my other computer key on the same keyring was causing the x3 to think a "fake" key was being used to start the vehicle. The dealer took the other key of the ring and the problem was fixed. No charge and the x3 was washed and waiting inside when I returned an hour later with the free loaner(06 x3). Nice ! My hat of to Burdick BMW in Syracuse, New York:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.