PDA

View Full Version : 07 X3 Front wheels locked

konon
01-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Hello Everyone!!!
Got my 07 X3 automatic just before New Years. Yesterday I went shopping, and when I was trying to leave the parking spot the car wouldn't move, in both reverse and drive (not even in neutral). The front wheels were not moving, it seems like they were locked. Even when roadside assistance arrived, and the guy was loading the car onto a tow truck, he had to drag the X3 onto a flatbed. The car has less then a 1000 miles on it. I was following all brake in rules outlined in driver's manual.
The car was picked up on Saturday, and still no answer from the service dept. Has anyone experienced anything similar? The car is now at Tom Hesser BMW in Scranton PA, it was purchased from Wall Street BMW in NYC. It's 2007 X3 3.0si with auto transmission. Manufactured in Nov 2006.
I pray to Bimmer Gods...:angel:

-Alex

ycrazyy
01-22-2007, 12:13 PM
Wow, I have never heard of that happening before. I can't even think of a reason for it to happen really unless there is something very wrong with the car.

The only thing I do know is that if I saw them dragging my X3 onto a flatbed, I think I would be crying! I hope they figure it out ASAP for you, but it will probably take them a day or so. I would also ask them to replace the tires they dragged since it probably created flat spots.

konon
01-22-2007, 12:27 PM
UPDATE: I just got a call from service - it's a front differential. :mad: The guy said they will get the new one on Wednesday, so hopefully the car should be done on Friday. Do you guys think the car would feel/handle differently after such repair? It's a shame if it will, I loved the way it drives :cry:
ycrazyy's concern about the tires: the surface of flatbed was wet & icy. so the front wheels were more sliding then dragging, I don't think it created any flat spots.
-Alex

MJS
01-22-2007, 12:35 PM
It should drive the same. I had the rear diff replaced in my M3 and you'd never know the difference.

konon
01-22-2007, 12:40 PM
Thanks for replies guys! Should I ask for wheel alignment as well?
-Alex