PDA

View Full Version : Delivery Time

Tucsonbmw
01-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Hey all,
I ordered my X3 with sport pack, xenon, leather, and nav on Nov 27.
Been following it online...they just shipped it from the factory on 1/20. Does this seen like a long time for delivery. It's been 9 weeks now anybody else have that problem?
Sean

cbj
01-22-2007, 11:04 AM
I hope mine will take a shorter time or I could be without a car for quite some time.

JSY
01-22-2007, 11:53 AM
If I recall, when the screen said that it was traveling on a boat to the U.S. - that whole period took about a week and a half before it said that it was at the preparation center. It stayed at the preparation center for about a day before it was at my center the following day or two. However, I believe the prep center is in NJ, so it was relatively quick for them to bring it from NJ to NY. I'm guessing that from NJ to Tucson will take a few days more. Mine took a total of about 6-7 weeks from order to delivery.

Edit: I'm assuming (maybe incorrectly) that there's only one prep center and that one being in NJ. Are there others in the U.S.?

kjboyd
01-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Yes, there is one in San Diego.. where mine came it. I ordered on April 28, 2006 (approx.) and took delivery on July 1. Just be patient... alot of people/dealers want this brand new version.

good luck and post pics when you get it!

laurens
01-22-2007, 05:07 PM
Ordered a new 07 x3 on nov.13, picked it upon jan 5, 2007 at the south carolina performance center. there is 3 prep centers in the country.california,south carolina, new jersey.

tarx3
01-26-2007, 11:04 AM
I ordered an x3 on 11/25. I picked it up on Jan 22, 2007. it arrived on Jan 16 - i saw it in their storage area. So no not too long. Silver Gray Gray leather heated comfort seats, privacy glass, heated steering wheel, navigation, window deflectors, mud flaps, chromatic mirror. Wish i had xenon!

Burtman
01-26-2007, 11:30 AM
I ordered my x3 the day after thanksgiving.Picked it up last week from the dealer.One day short of eight weeks.

HGX3.0
01-26-2007, 02:00 PM
My last vehicle I ordered took exactly 60 days from order to arrival to dealershipl.

bmwx3x2
01-26-2007, 04:47 PM
first one took 12 weeks, second one took 9 weeks. I guess it just depends on shipping time, etc.....

Tucsonbmw
02-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Well Its been 2 weeks and still no X3. The status still reads "en Route". 2 weeks from germany? We are approaching 12 weeks now. Called the dealer...said he would get back to me but haven't heard from him...typical, I guess. Maybe I might get before the 08s come out.:dunno:

kjboyd
02-03-2007, 09:14 PM
First let me start off by saying congrats on the purchase... now i'll chastize you.

the X3 is, while a BMW, made in Graz Austria. Where?! you just screamed? Austria. in the southeast corner of the country now less. So, it has to be made, checked over, put on a truck or train, shipped all the way thru Austria, through Bavaria, up the Rhine River valley, into the flat plains of the highliand and all the way up to the port at Bremerhaven. Then, it can sit for days or weeks even just trying to get on a boat. Then, and god forbid it sink on the way, has the make it's way out of the north see, around great brittain, across the Atlantic, and either stop in New Jersey, one of the Carolinas (right?) or come all the way around South America (or Panama, not sure which) to San Diego. Then it sits for customs, and then it gets trucked to you.

then, you floor the bastard and enjoy it for years! trust me, it's worth the wait!

kev

Richard in NC
02-04-2007, 05:35 AM
Well Its been 2 weeks and still no X3. The status still reads "en Route". 2 weeks from germany? We are approaching 12 weeks now. Called the dealer...said he would get back to me but haven't heard from him...typical, I guess. Maybe I might get before the 08s come out.:dunno:

If I recall, left coast BWMs do go thru the Panama canal and the california VPC. That would add several weeks to the typical east coast delivery. A dealer should be able to give up to the day information. The Owners circle always seems days behind in status.

Don't be concerned with "en route" type codes, only if you see "VPC rework" codes. That means something happened in transit and its being fixed.

laurens
02-04-2007, 07:07 AM
Ordered my x3 on 11/13/2006 picked up at performance delivery center in s.c. on 01/05/2007.

Tucsonbmw
02-04-2007, 07:40 AM
I know, I know...I may sound like a spoiled brat that can't wait:cry: ...BUT...I have worked real hard to get this bimmer and I just want to drive it. I guess my problem is the dealer isn't being that forthcoming with details. I thought a BMW dealership would be a different but alas they are all the same. Thanks for the info guys.
Sean:thumbup:

HGX3.0
02-04-2007, 06:05 PM
I know, I know...I may sound like a spoiled brat that can't wait:cry: ...BUT...I have worked real hard to get this bimmer and I just want to drive it. I guess my problem is the dealer isn't being that forthcoming with details. I thought a BMW dealership would be a different but alas they are all the same. Thanks for the info guys.
Sean:thumbup:

Your dealer should be giving you better information on tracking the vehicle.

sounds like your X3 is on the same transporter as mine - left port 1/20. My dealer emailed me and said it is scheduled to arrive at the processing plant the week of the 11th. Then he said it should be at the dealership (in colorado) the following week. If this is true then you should probably receive your X3 about the same time I do! Hang in there - it will be sweet!!!

erikbmw1
02-05-2007, 04:25 PM
:cry: it takes too long in MHO

You will forget how long it took in a few months :thumbup: