PDA

View Full Version : Paddle Shifters... Possible?

TJunkers
01-23-2007, 05:53 AM
I'd like to get paddle shifters for my X3, and I know there is a way to hook it up as long as you have the manual mode in automatic., but does anyone know where I could order a kit of some sort, or know what I should do?

thanks,
TJunkers

stangmatt66
01-23-2007, 10:05 AM
Paddle shifters aren't usually aftermarket parts. I'm not sure they can be retrofitted to the X3.

pilotman
01-23-2007, 01:36 PM
why would you want to do this? :dunno:

Paddle shifters on a slushbox are a joke.

You wouldn't obtain any performance benefit, would void your warranty on the trans and spend a lot money.

AzNMpower32
01-23-2007, 01:56 PM
I think there's a sponsor that does these conversion kits. I'll check.

Yup. found it: http://www.mrpaddleshift.com/

JG
01-23-2007, 04:46 PM
why would you want to do this? :dunno:

Paddle shifters on a slushbox are a joke.

You wouldn't obtain any performance benefit, would void your warranty on the trans and spend a lot money.

Who cares why he wants to do it - he wants to do it, and asked a civil question.

He didn't ask for abuse.

pilotman
01-24-2007, 05:30 AM
Who cares why he wants to do it - he wants to do it, and asked a civil question.

He didn't ask for abuse.

Abuse? :dunno:

I'm not abusing him. There's just no good reason to do it. Does the OP think it will provide him with a performance benefit?

Just trying to be helpful by letting him know he will probably void his warranty on the trans. He probably didn't know that and should be making an informed decision.

TJunkers
01-24-2007, 05:58 AM
I actually didnt know if could void any warranty. and the reason I want to do it is because I had it in my old car and it was amazing the way it felt. Has nothign to do with power or anythign like that, just like the feel of paddles as opposed to pulling down on the shift knob.