PDA

View Full Version : Door Ding Repair??

jim
01-03-2003, 12:22 PM
How does everybody get rid of door dings? I've only gone to body shops before, and am looking for a method (like the suction cups, etc. . .) that are cheaper than the body shop (with repainting, etc. . .) and effective.

Anybody have recommendations of companies in Houston?

-jim

in_d_haus
01-03-2003, 12:24 PM
Look up your local Dent wizard or the like...they are great!

johnlew
01-03-2003, 12:30 PM
Dent Wizard (http://www.dentwizard.com)

jim
01-03-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by in_d_haus
Look up your local Dent wizard or the like...they are great! What method does Dent Wizard use to fix the dent?

-jim

johnlew
01-03-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by jim
What method does Dent Wizard use to fix the dent?

-jim

They massage it out from the inside. Paintless. They will only work on dents they CAN remove. Stop by and talk to them.

in_d_haus
01-03-2003, 12:34 PM
http://www.dentwizard.com

2 locations in Houston

http://www.dentwizard.com/DWLocations.nsf/USEN!OpenFrameSet&Frame=Main&Src=_l5t25ej3fcdgn8qbfdppisrjjconmorr3c5q6irreedk6 urb5457n0pbe8pnn4r9685qn8rq6e9gmqpb4_

jim
01-03-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by johnlew
Dent Wizard (http://www.dentwizard.com) Thanks for the link! Turns out they have a location within a mile from where I live. . . What does the repair of a ding on one panel typically cost?

-jim

in_d_haus
01-03-2003, 12:43 PM
Depends on the size it can be as little as $50 to $75...mine was a big dent and it was over $100...still cheaper than a body shop

AndyM
01-03-2003, 01:18 PM
Be careful. I had a ding taken out that my dealer put in my car and the guy put a ton of scratches on the window. So many that I am going to have to replace the window. This was a dent wizard guy that mostly worked out of dealers (Monday at BMW, Tues. at Audi, etc.) but he also had a shop.

Artslinger
01-03-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by AndyM
Be careful. I had a ding taken out that my dealer put in my car and the guy put a ton of scratches on the window. So many that I am going to have to replace the window. This was a dent wizard guy that mostly worked out of dealers (Monday at BMW, Tues. at Audi, etc.) but he also had a shop.

Why not have the dealer or the the Wiz guy pay for the window replacement? Kind of sad... the dealer dents your car... the Wiz guy scratches your window... :tsk:

AndyM
01-03-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Artslinger
Why not have the dealer or the the Wiz guy pay for the window replacement? Kind of sad... the dealer dents your car... the Wiz guy scratches your window... :tsk:

Let's just say that I'm no longer welcome at the dealer. I had to get a lawyer involved after some routine warranty work turned into a nightmare.

I made the mistake of taking my car to the dealer and am paying for it (probably for a few more months). I will not make the same mistake twice.

Artslinger
01-03-2003, 02:48 PM
I know how you feel Andy... I've had some nightmare experiences with my dealer.

JLee
01-03-2003, 06:32 PM
anyone use the ding king ? as seen on tv and only $30 at bed bath and beyond

basically its a glue gun and you pull your ding out

anybody ? :dunno:

johnlew
01-03-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by AndyM

A shame you had a bad experience. I've had at least 20 dings or dents removed on 3 cars and never had any collateral damage. Work was done at a Dent Wizard company shop, not a dealer. BTW, BMWs have very tight clearances for these guys to work in and they are more difficult. You want an experienced pro, of course.

AndyM
01-03-2003, 07:30 PM
JonM has had great experiences with Dent Wizard, this was my first experience (I had one dent on my VW a guy couldn't do due to the loaction of the dent). I am not ruling out future Dent Wizard if I need it, but I will be sure to go elsewhere.

JB330Ci
01-03-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by JLee
anyone use the ding king ? as seen on tv and only $30 at bed bath and beyond

basically its a glue gun and you pull your ding out

anybody ? :dunno:

:bigpimp: The guy used to sell Ding King is now selling something even cheaper. I saw this commercial on TV the other day. He said something like "Why pay $30 for something that not only won't work but also ruins your car" with screen shows Ding King causing a mess. :bigpimp: This thing is about $12.95. It is bascally a big suck cup. You put it on the dent, turn a level to suck it on the dent and then pull the dent out. Cool!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

JB330Ci
01-03-2003, 09:33 PM
:bigpimp:
The big suction cup...is called DENT-B-GONE:thumbup:

Sorry about the price, it's only $4.95:thumbup:

http://www.as-seen-on-tv-online.com/Auto/dent_b_gone.htm

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: