Sean
01-03-2003, 05:31 PM
is released by this Spring. Please! :cry:

bh330ci
01-03-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Sean
is released by this Spring. Please! :cry:

AMEN

I can't freaking believe I've been waiting close to a year for this thing already.:banghead: :banghead:

3Wagon
01-03-2003, 06:12 PM
We should post a poll - I don't know if it will ever come out.

31st330i
01-03-2003, 07:16 PM
I got word from JimC directly a number of months back that the software itself is already done (has been complete for probably near six months now).

the hold up is apparently in manufacturing the injector (canister and plug). according to his original estimate the shark should have been available in september. the estimate has obviously been revised. 325/330 now use the OBD-2 connector under the steering column to flash the ECU versus the BMW diagnostic connector under the hood (which our later cars no longer have).

peruse e46fanatics. JimC posted there (as JimConforti as I recall) and explained everything. I think he got flamed pretty good as well. :(

by the way, in email, JimC went on to say that he DID go into the VANOS and tweaked it as well (unlike Dinan). with this, there should be a little bump at the top end. plus he did all of the things that Dinan did (recalibrated EML, removed speed and RPM limiters).

FYI: since Dinan (and the other software vendors) need your car or the ECU to flash with THEIR tools, they don't face the same manufacturing challenges that JimC does with bringing a new shark injector to market.

cenotaph
01-04-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by 31st330i

FYI: since Dinan (and the other software vendors) need your car or the ECU to flash with THEIR tools, they don't face the same manufacturing challenges that JimC does with bringing a new shark injector to market.

I'm sorry. The whole point of OBD-II is to have a standard set of equipment that every manufactuer uses. He should have been able to get an OBD-II connector long before he finished tweeking the software. I'd like to know who he's using to have this connector made so I can tell everyone I meet to not use them as they're a bunch of incompetent morons.

DISCOBOY1
01-04-2003, 12:55 PM
Here is the Thread with Conforti and Sean from ECIS

Thread (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?threadid=24845&perpage=20&pagenumber=13)

It's verry long but informative, read it from the start:thumbup:

SupaFOB
01-07-2003, 11:16 AM
As an alternative to waiting forever for his software to be released, what do you guys think about the Autothority chip? They claim an extra 14 hp from software alone. Seems too good to be true.

http://www.autothority.com/news/bmw_330.htm

JPinTO
01-07-2003, 01:30 PM
Get your HP boost today that will beat the Shark: disconnect your battery to reset the ECU.

Kaz
01-07-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by JPinTO
Get your HP boost today that will beat the Shark: disconnect your battery to reset the ECU.

I do this every time I work on the stereo and it doesn't do jack.

Mystikal
01-07-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Kaz
I do this every time I work on the stereo and it doesn't do jack.

Nick swears it does, even despite his hard driving habits which would technically always have the car in full-battle mode. :dunno:

Kaz
01-07-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Mystikal
Nick swears it does, even despite his hard driving habits which would technically always have the car in full-battle mode. :dunno:

I think its psychosomatic. :D

Mystikal
01-07-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Kaz
I think its psychosomatic. :D

Oh...you mean bull****? Kinda like how I want to install the Tornado (http://www.myauto.tv/tornado/installation.php) in my intake system.

:lmao: