PDA

View Full Version : Adaptive Xenon Angles

Be Em Double Yu
01-24-2007, 09:34 PM
The other night I was testing out the angle change of the xenon lights of my 07 X3. It appears that the passenger side headlight turns a lot more left and right than the driver's side. I thought that the driver's side may not be turning correctly but the brochure illustration (see picture below) shows the standard light angle and the turned light angle to be more abundant on the passenger side versus the driver's side so maybe it's not broken? It kind of makes sense since the drive is farther away from the right side so he or she would need a bit farther light projection to all the way out there.

Anyone know if their angle changes are suppose to be different instead of both 15 degrees left or right? Has anyone else noticed the difference in the angle change?

Sonoman707
01-24-2007, 10:09 PM
Probably noticing the right headlight more because it is aimed a bit higher. The left is lower to prevent blinding oncoming traffic.

Given the angle, top to bottom, the left turns more although its "reach" isn't as far - therefore the right will have a wider sweep - even with less movement.

http://www.bmwworld.com/technology/9942_1024.jpg