PDA

View Full Version : Heads up CDN (401-area) drivers


MD2b
01-03-2003, 10:39 PM
i have finally been caught :(

watch out for a new, gray chev impala (not lighter or darker than civi impalas) with single exhaust, medium tinted windows and NO antennas (didn't get the plate). i passed him (thinking it's a civillian since it didn't have the usual 'hints' and the V1 didn't go off) near the husky truck-stop about 5 mins from london and he finally light me up just before the 403 exit so BEWARE!!!

thankfully he dropped 40 km/h which means i can avoid court and said that he was impressed with my driving skills but i should look more carefully at who i pass! lol too bad he couldn't have just told me to have a nice day and let me go.

tip: don't show your ignorance by not realizing that new impalas rarely follow you at elevated speeds for 10 or so mins! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :flipoff: to me

Mystikal
01-04-2003, 03:15 PM
Hmmmm, this could be a problem for me, as I rarely travel under 140 on the 401. :angel:

MD2b
01-04-2003, 03:32 PM
same here, except when approaching suspicious cars...lol...luck ran out this time tho :banghead:

part of the irony is that he said when i topped 190, i was pulling away and he was about to call it off and harass someone else (he was a cool cop). i guess that means that i should have kept on going?! :thumbup: :D hehe i'll might try that next time :angel:

Mystikal
01-04-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by MD2b
same here, except when approaching suspicious cars...lol...luck ran out this time tho :banghead:

part of the irony is that he said when i topped 190, i was pulling away and he was about to call it off and harass someone else (he was a cool cop). i guess that means that i should have kept on going?! :thumbup: :D hehe i'll might try that next time :angel:

Generally, my logic is that when the highway is quiet and the weather is dry at night, I generally drive above 160 all the time. If a cop is at a standstill and sees me fly by, he'd have a LONG period of acceleration to catch me. I'd probably exit by then. And even if he did start catching up, I'd see the lights from a mile away (the highway is after all empty) and probably just kick 'er up to 220 (my governor) and exit when I can't see him anymore.

For Americans that think I am crazy for trying this, keep in mind that in Ontario highway patrol is a RARE thing near the city. I still have yet to see a speed trap on the 401 in the past year or so.

rost12
01-04-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by MD2b

part of the irony is that he said when i topped 190, i was pulling away and he was about to call it off and harass someone else (he was a cool cop).

:lmao:

I once got to 190 on the 401 myself, I was loosing some pesky Acura. He chickened out at 170, I couldn't go above 190 :D

It was sorta scary how much time it takes to slow down back to 120... No cops, though, lucky me.

Mystikal
01-04-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by rost12
:lmao:

I once got to 190 on the 401 myself, I was loosing some pesky Acura. He chickened out at 170, I couldn't go above 190 :D

It was sorta scary how much time it takes to slow down back to 120... No cops, though, lucky me.

I rarely go above 180km/h, things start getting a little hairy. And yes, by the time you slow to 120 you feel like you should be at a stop. :confused:

BTW, what kind of Acura was it? A heavily modified '01 TL Type-S on Markham north of Steeles 2 weeks ago got quite angry when I refused to race him. Swerved at me twice, I guess just for the fun of it. :rolleyes: Lucky for him I was turning right there, didn't bother getting hsi plates down.

BTW MD2b, what are you driving now?

MD2b
01-04-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Mystikal
that in Ontario highway patrol is a RARE thing near the city. I still have yet to see a speed trap on the 401 in the past year or so.

during nicer weather, go on the 401 near london or the 403 near the 406 exit -- sniper sits on a bridge, lasers you and there's a fleet of motorcycles and cruisers waiting to chase after you. and, after you get that ticket and speed off, smokey is waiting around the corner to catch you again! lol a friend of mine had that happen...not a happy camper after that! and trust me, it's a scary sight when driving the opposite way and seeing 10+ cruisers on the coverleaf waiting to take off after someone.

rost12
01-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Mystikal
I rarely go above 180km/h, things start getting a little hairy.

I hear ya :yikes: The sweet spot for my car is 130-140, the car just feels right at these speeds. During that 190 run of mine the car felt top-heavy, for some reason. I'm not doing that again, anyhow :)

The guy was driving one of those 4-dr Acuras, TL? Recent year.
We were not racing, just speeding away from a huge jam caused by an accident.

Where do you meet those "racing" people? :) I've never came across any... All I get are pricks in mini-vans and pick-up trucks who either tailgate or do not move over.

Btw, winter is the best! I can be doing the speed limit and I still be way faster than most. Snow rocks! :D

Mystikal
01-05-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by MD2b
during nicer weather, go on the 401 near london or the 403 near the 406 exit -- sniper sits on a bridge, lasers you and there's a fleet of motorcycles and cruisers waiting to chase after you. and, after you get that ticket and speed off, smokey is waiting around the corner to catch you again! lol a friend of mine had that happen...not a happy camper after that! and trust me, it's a scary sight when driving the opposite way and seeing 10+ cruisers on the coverleaf waiting to take off after someone.

Yeah, I've seen a similiar setup before. But like I said, it's nowhere near my driving range, as I'm in east side Scarborough. The furthest west I go is the 400, basically.

You mentioned you have a V1, where did you get it? They refuse to ship up here.

Mystikal
01-05-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by rost12
I hear ya :yikes: The sweet spot for my car is 130-140, the car just feels right at these speeds. During that 190 run of mine the car felt top-heavy, for some reason. I'm not doing that again, anyhow :)

The guy was driving one of those 4-dr Acuras, TL? Recent year.
We were not racing, just speeding away from a huge jam caused by an accident.

Where do you meet those "racing" people? :) I've never came across any... All I get are pricks in mini-vans and pick-up trucks who either tailgate or do not move over.

Btw, winter is the best! I can be doing the speed limit and I still be way faster than most. Snow rocks! :D

On my 220 run, at about 185 there was a dip in the road under an overpass. The car was airbourne temporarily. :eek:

Yeah, it was a white, bodykitted-up Type-S model. I was just cruising at about 80-90 northbound on Markham when he kept trying to get me to chase him. I knew I had no chance so I didn't bother. :angel:

People try and race me at least once per commute, I swear. I do drive a little aggressive relative to the average joe, but I can't see why these people take it so personally when I pass them. :dunno:

One thing I love about winter is that people seem to obey the left lane passing lane only rule a lot more, mostly because it is only 75% plowed. I fly down at a solid 130+ constantly. :thumbup:

MD2b
01-05-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Mystikal
mentioned you have a V1, where did you get it? They refuse to ship up here.

i think they'll ship to bc and alberta since they're legal out there; road trip to vancouver? :D i'm planning one for the summer of 2004.

i picked up mine when i was in california, had it sent to the hotel overnight; same goes for the k40 and bel 855 (k40 is better than the bel, but junk compared to the V1. next challenge will be for the lidatek since they say they can ship up here by airborne express (tip: always have airborne express ship goods from the states since they seem to cover duty/customs :) ).

HW
01-07-2003, 05:48 PM
did he say why he was impressed with your driving? you were doing felony speeds and he was impressed by that? :dunno: i don't get it?

:eek: :eeps: must say though, when i was visiting ontario and going to montreal, my friend and i were doing 180 in our rented continental. we didn't have a radar detector but we had a pair of binoculars :lmao: the car felt like a boat but sailed very smoothly and effortlessly at those speeds. btw, visitors to vanbc must take a drive on the sea to sky highway to whistler. lots of twisties and some long stretches.

Mystikal
01-07-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by HW
when i was visiting ontario and going to montreal, my friend and i were doing 180 in our rented continental.

Heh, you gotta love our vast, empty stretches of unpatrolled freeways. :D