PDA

View Full Version : ordered X3 last night!

khnaga
01-26-2007, 04:04 AM
After months of trying to decide what I wanted, I finally sealed the deal last night. Based on information from the different forums, I felt comfortable talking about a lease and the associated calculations.
I ordered:
Silver Gray with Terracota interior and Dark Ash
Premium Package
Cold Package
Xenon
Privacy Glass
6 spd Manual Trans.

Thank you to everyone for the great information.
I'll be back to post pics!

David1
01-26-2007, 06:26 AM
Get the heated steering wheel. It only adds a few bucks.

Bada Bing
01-26-2007, 09:47 AM
I like your color combination and will likely go with the same if and when I order my own X3. I also like your choice of manual transmission. Frankly I wouldn't think twice about getting an SUV, much less an X3, if it wasn't offered with a 6-speed manual. Hopefully you have seen the privacy glass and know what to expect. To me, it seems like a waste of $350 that can be applied toward something else like 18" wheels. You can get a tint job for the whole car that will cost much less. The other change I would seriously consider is chaging from dark ash to the lighter wood trim. I just find the dark ash too close to black. The only concern would be how the light wood goes with the Terracotta seats (perhaps too many colors). I am positive that if I got the sand beige/black interior that my wood trim choice would be the poplar natural light.

erikbmw1
01-31-2007, 11:55 AM
Sounds nice... Enjoy :thumbup:

AzNMpower32
01-31-2007, 02:19 PM
Quick! Ditch the privacy glass and get the heated steering wheel, and get $200 back! Honestly, the tint is so light, it's a joke and a ripoff. The heated steering wheel is a great thing to have.

Otherwise, excellent choice of options and color/trim combos. And you got the manual! :clap:

dug01
01-31-2007, 04:10 PM
Quick! Ditch the privacy glass and get the heated steering wheel, and get $200 back! Honestly, the tint is so light, it's a joke and a ripoff. The heated steering wheel is a great thing to have.

Otherwise, excellent choice of options and color/trim combos. And you got the manual! :clap:

Ditto on the heated wheel--and 18" wheels are a bargain and look great--the stock 17" just looks too small and the wheel design is very ordinary looking. nice list of options anyway! :thumbup:

khnaga
02-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Originally thought that the privacy glass would cut down on some glare for the kids in the back. However, they have never complained before, so I am going to pass on the privacy glass and look into aftermarket tints for a fraction of the cost. When I cancelled the privacy, I upgraded to 18" wheels as well. :D
I am looking forward to driving the manual!
Thanks for all of the suggestions! The heated steering wheel does not do much for me though, even with the temps dropping lower recently. :dunno:

MTLX3
02-02-2007, 06:29 AM
In Canada, when you order the Premium Package (as I did), it comes with leather, heated stearing wheel, privacy glass, upgraded radio, pana roof, xenons & retractable sideview mirrors. So basically it's a package and we don't get to pick and chose what we want (I'm talking about the 3.0Si).

If I had a choice, I also would have passed on the privacy glass to get a tint job myself, but since it will be there when I get my car, I will probably add some more tint on the back windows and get a light tint on the front windows.