PDA

View Full Version : Do both MACO and training fees appliy to ED order?

Bada Bing
01-26-2007, 12:24 PM
I have seen the $180 training fee listed on the European Delivery invoice price list, but the MACO fee is not listed. I am trying to determine what $ over ED invoice (base car plus options) is fair to offer to the dealer and I am fine with including the $180 training fee, but don't know about the MACO. Is this a regional advertising fee that is not applicable to certain parts of the country (I live in SoCal where this supposedly applies) and not others?

Does the dealer really pay both of these fees on factory ordered cars? I would be interested to know what SoCal people are paying in terms of dealer profit on 2007 X3's. The car I have in mind will be a Crimson red with Terracotta or sand beige/black leather interior, light poplar wood trim, 6-speed manual, xenon headlights, 18" wheels and premium sound. IIRC, the MSRP is $42,120. I plan to lease it for 24 months.

I thought about the sport package too, but prefer the updated 2007 front end of the non-sport models to the 2006-looking sport models. Also, if I go for the SP, I would have to step up to the lovely optional 19" wheels. The price would go up by over $3K.

schley
01-26-2007, 08:50 PM
maco is the regional advertising fee that ISN'T everywhere and central cali is the place it doesn't apply in California.

NEITHER maco or training is applied to an ED order.

on a US delivery I would always have 1 line item

dealer profit inclusive of maco and all dealer fees, that is it.

Bada Bing
01-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Thank you for the response. The initial 8.5-9.0% total off MSRP (including the 7% off for ED) offer dealer has quoted me over the phone seems too generous in terms of dealer profit. Based on what I've learned on this forum, 3% over dealer cost (about $1000-1100 over ED invoice without any MACO or training fees added) seems to be more than fair. Do you agree?

schley
01-28-2007, 10:28 AM
Thank you for the response. The initial 8.5-9.0% total off MSRP (including the 7% off for ED) offer dealer has quoted me over the phone seems too generous in terms of dealer profit. Based on what I've learned on this forum, 3% over dealer cost (about $1000-1100 over ED invoice without any MACO or training fees added) seems to be more than fair. Do you agree?

you can get 1k over ED invoice for any car except M cars and 6 series for they come out of the the dealer allocation.

InDnBoy80
02-23-2007, 11:02 PM
I have to go in next week to my dealer in Los Angeles to sign the lease papers on my new 07 X3 ED. I'm picking up my car in germany on March 22nd.

From what I recall, my dealer charged me the $180 training fee for me X3 ED order. Should I not be paying this fee? If I don't have to, I'll bring it up with him next week when I go in to sign the lease.

Also, what determines whether or not I have to pay a training fee and where can I validate that information?