PDA

View Full Version : #?!*@ Dent!

doctorD
01-04-2003, 06:52 PM
Someone just pushed a shopping cart into my 2-month old car. They had the nerve to leave the cart there and also splattered some unrecognizable substance all over the side, hood, windshield, and roof. Nice. Thanks alot.

After searching on this forum, several people have recommended Dent Wizard. The nearest one is 2 hours away. My question is do you guys think this can be pulled out, being maybe a little less than an inch from the edge of the fender?

JJKK
01-04-2003, 07:21 PM
I think that they could get that one out. Too bad you didn't get your hands on them.

JB330Ci
01-04-2003, 09:01 PM
:mad: #$^&^(#@! I feel your pain. I would be pissed off also if I were you. Some people just don't care and there are some just purely f*^king jealous. They do it intentionly. Lots of nice new cars got keyed or dented on purpose. You just have to be careful when parking. But sometimes you just can't avoid it.

Don't worry, looking at the picture I am pretty sure the Dent Wizard should be able to get that dent out.

Artslinger
01-04-2003, 09:02 PM
Right on the fender crease, looks iffy for paintless dent removal. Body shop might cost more than it's worth to fix. I have two dents exactly in the same area so if PDR can fix the dents... post the results.

operknockity
01-04-2003, 10:10 PM
I've seen PDR fix bigger dings near sharper creases with no problems. Too bad it's a 2 hour trek.

My previous car got a ding just like that about a month after I got it, but from a car door hitting my car. I decided to leave it alone and treat it like the car's birth mark and hope that this would now bring it good karma. It didn't :thumbdwn:

johnlew
01-04-2003, 10:19 PM
My guess is that it could be fixed as long as there is not a double layer of metal there, ie. the fender rolled over at that point for strength.

doctorD
01-05-2003, 08:44 AM
Thanks guys.

I feel a little better already. It seems the newer/nicer things you have, the more likely they are to be damaged. If the car was 2 years old, maybe I wouldn't care so much. I will post before and after pic's if/when I get it fixed.:thumbup:

Artslinger
01-05-2003, 09:40 AM
Thats good news for my dents... I think I'll take the car to a PDR place and have them take a shot at removing my dings.

RChoudry
01-05-2003, 03:18 PM
see my earlier post about the "suction cup" method that Dent-Wizard used for my crease near the edge of the quarter panel. They really zre quite good and yours seems like an easy one to fix!!! Avoid repaint at all costs....been there.....done that!!