PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone actually use the Owner's Circle?

Mathew
01-04-2003, 07:11 PM
I was browsing bmwusa.com and stumbled onto the owner's circle. The last time i visited that was over 8,000 miles ago. I am no longer tracking any BMWs, nor am i financing any. But is that all there is to it? I dont see any useful features that would make me go there on a regular basis. Am I missing something and not using it up to its full potential?

jw
01-04-2003, 07:50 PM
Funny... I just logged into Owners Circle the other day for the first time in 7k miles. I forgot my id/password it had been so long. Not much of value there. I pay BMWFS online w/ MS Money so I never check that site either.

It was fun when I was waiting for delivery checking the status online. Otherwise, it's pretty much useless for me. Noticed they updated the look and feel. Can't say it's any better or worse. Just different.

operknockity
01-04-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Mathew
But is that all there is to it? I dont see any useful features that would make me go there on a regular basis. Am I missing something and not using it up to its full potential?
I was checking pretty often while waiting for delivery. And I use it now to do my monthly loan payments. But after I pay the financing off, I don't see anything there that is compelling enough to check more than every 6 months or so. Even worse... since they updated the look'n'feel, it doesn't recognize my prefered browser (Mozilla) any more, so a lot of the features don't work and I have to use MSIE ( :bawling: ) when I wanna do the loan payment.

Mdk330i
01-04-2003, 10:35 PM
I used it yesterday for the first time in like a year. Dave330i mentioned something about getting free sunglasses for test driving the Z4 but I couldn't find anything. It was kind of funny because the mileage was at 4K and I just broke 15K. That's how often I visit the Owners' Circle.

in_d_haus
01-05-2003, 12:36 AM
I make my car payment monthly through it.

rwg
01-05-2003, 01:06 AM
If I was in the enviable position of not worrying about payments, it would be useless. As it is, going through a divorce, changing states, changing insurance, getting ex-wife off of paperwork - it's been very convenient.