PDA

View Full Version : Paddle Shifter Installed in '03 4.4i

lonestar
01-05-2003, 11:04 AM
This is SWEEEEET! Thanks to Vince for thorough instructions and help. Installed in a little over 3 hours with lots of interruptions. This is a must-have for Steptronic drivers. You don't know what you're missing. It can be removed easily and Big Brother will never know it was there!

Mystikal
01-05-2003, 11:05 AM
Nice! :thumbup:

Curious, does your M3 have paddles (albeit SMG) too?

lonestar
01-05-2003, 12:00 PM
Thanks. It really is a kick to drive.

Nope, the M3 is manual-stir only. It's my wife's car (although I've offered her lots of favors and body parts to let me drive it more). She's a purist, or so she says. She thinks the E46 has longer throws and a longer shifter than the E36 we used to have, so I'll be looking for a kit in the coming months. I guess size (or length in this case) does matter. :-)

Mystikal
01-05-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by lonestar
Thanks. It really is a kick to drive.

Nope, the M3 is manual-stir only. It's my wife's car (although I've offered her lots of favors and body parts to let me drive it more). She's a purist, or so she says. She thinks the E46 has longer throws and a longer shifter than the E36 we used to have, so I'll be looking for a kit in the coming months. I guess size (or length in this case) does matter. :-)

Wow, I sure hope I marry a woman like that. :D

Beautiful garage you got there. :thumbup:

lonestar
01-05-2003, 09:11 PM
Yeah, she's pretty terrific. Likes sports too! Here's a better picture of the paddle install with some sunlight to help out.

lonestar
01-06-2003, 09:33 AM
Thanks. The smile will be there for some time.

By the way, it's not OB, but Topaz. OB with natural brown(if they offered it) would be a nice looking truck. I'll be happier when spring comes and I can put the 19's back on. I have 17's with Pirellis Scorpion snows (very good tires!) until winter lets up. Next move is the Dinan software upgrades to make it respond quicker to the paddles.