PDA

View Full Version : Got screwed from $500 Rebate from BMWCCA??

lini28
01-05-2003, 12:04 PM
Here's my story:
I had registered the car under my name and my father's at his work address. I sent my application to BMW and they requested my registration and pictures of both my father and my license to confirm that we live together. Well after about two weeks, I receive a letter from some manager saying that we don't live together. I'm like WTF?? The pictures of our licenses are clear and show that we both live at the same address. I've received no word from BMW since I resubmitted the application again. Do you guys have any suggestions? Thanks.:banghead: :banghead:

Mathew
01-05-2003, 12:21 PM
I always wondered how this would work. Who is the actual CCA member and who is the one who actually paid for the car? Maybe this has something to do with the discrepency.

If you know the name of the person who sent the letter back, just call them back. Ask them to pull up your file and the picture of the licenses (which they should hopefully have). Make sure you you actually speak to the person and that they recognize your paperwork. Tell them the deal and if the address issue is blatantly obvious, tell them that what they told you is not true, and be firm about it. And if they are still denying, try to get someone higher up and tell them that someone's not being fair and honest.

lini28
01-05-2003, 12:28 PM
thanks Matthew, I'll try it this week.

lini28
01-08-2003, 04:22 PM
Is there anyone who knows someone at BMW I could contact?

PropellerHead
01-08-2003, 04:54 PM
For what it's worth, I am the only BMWCCA member and we had the sales order for the 330 drawn up in both of our names. No hitches with the rebate.

If your dad put the title, loan, or sales order in his name or vice versa and the other person is the member, that could be the source of your problem.