PDA

View Full Version : Off center steering wheel

bobotski
01-29-2007, 12:10 PM
Steering wheel on my 07 X3 is off center by like 10 degrees to the right. You won't notice it much, but it gets to me during long drives. Does BMW have a threshold on how off-center your wheel are before they service it, or is this a problem that needs servicing regardless of even the slightest variance?

Might be a problem on my tire pressure too, so I'll check that out. Leads me to my next question -- has anybody here tried putting nitrogen on their tires instead of ordinary air? Does it really make a difference? Does BMW endorse this, and are the service centers capable of pumping them in your tires?

AzNMpower32
01-29-2007, 02:51 PM
For the steering, ask the dealer to fix it. No steering wheel should be off center, its a warranty thing.

I don't think there'd be a huge difference by putting Nitrogen in your tires, and I doubt BMW service can/will do it.

Ishniknork
01-29-2007, 05:23 PM
As long as it's not an alignment problem centering the steering wheel is a simple matter of adjusting the tie rods equally in the correct direction to center it. If it was delivered that way and you have a nice dealer they should straighten it for you, no problem.