PDA

View Full Version : Fx 35

skitime
01-30-2007, 06:07 AM
Hi, I've got a friend who is looking at an Infinity FX 35 & the X3, I haven't convinced her completly about the X3 yet, but has anybody had an experience w/ the FX? Looks cool, but it's no BMW. Thanks!

UncleJ
01-30-2007, 08:25 AM
A nephew has a 05 FX35 with sport and big wheels. It handles well but rides worse than my X3 on rough pavement. Seems to have more room inside but with the tight cockpit and high belt line seems too claustrophobic for my taste. He has had zero problems and loves the car. If you can handle the styling then its worth a look. Seems to have lousy resale value tho'. As an aside if you can afford the gas check out the FX45 it is a rocket!

skitime
01-30-2007, 08:55 AM
Thanks, it looks like vis out the back is pretty bad also...

AzNMpower32
01-30-2007, 02:56 PM
It is a great alternative to the X3, and IMO, the best alternative. However, the FX35 is already technically dated......I don't believe there's anything special about the AWD system and I don't tihnk it has the intelligent one found in the G35x (correct if I'm wrong). 5-speed automatics are so 2004. The interior quality isn't better than the X3 at all, and I doubt the FX holds as much cargo.

Resale on most Infinitis is pretty lackluster, as is fuel economy. Plus this is personal taste, but the exhaust on all Infinitis sound too hollow at low rpms and I can imagine it getting irritating on a long highway trip.

JG
01-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Hi, I've got a friend who is looking at an Infinity FX 35 & the X3, I haven't convinced her completly about the X3 yet, but has anybody had an experience w/ the FX? Looks cool, but it's no BMW. Thanks!

One of them looks like a pregnant roller skate - and is a Nissan.

The FX is a bit long in the tooth at this stage.

It gets down to driving and handling ability and to a minor degree reliability - vs a bit more luxury, slightly better reliability, and bland handling.

She can't go too far wrong with the FX - it all depends on what she is looking for in a vehicle. If she is practical she should ge the FX - if she loves to drive - the X3.

dug01
01-31-2007, 06:16 AM
One of them looks like a pregnant roller skate - and is a Nissan.

The FX is a bit long in the tooth at this stage.

It gets down to driving and handling ability and to a minor degree reliability - vs a bit more luxury, slightly better reliability, and bland handling.

She can't go too far wrong with the FX - it all depends on what she is looking for in a vehicle. If she is practical she should ge the FX - if she loves to drive - the X3.
I agree the FX is a goofy looking vehicle--and the exhaust sounds strange. Better off with a Murano more room --better looking and save 4 or 5 grand. I drove a few Murano's and liked them--but I like my X3 better.