PDA

View Full Version : My X3 Got Its First Taste Of Winter

Richard in NC
02-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Well, if you could call what we had this morning winter. We had a little snow and a little slush on the roads. The X3 had no issues, traffic was light (the idiots stayed home), and I actually made better time driving to work than usual. One time I purposely braked hard and activated ABS just to test it. I never had an opportunity to safely try out sliding the car.

AzNMpower32
02-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Well, if you could call what we had this morning winter. We had a little snow and a little slush on the roads. The X3 had no issues, traffic was light (the idiots stayed home), and I actually made better time driving to work than usual. One time I purposely braked hard and activated ABS just to test it. I never had an opportunity to safely try out sliding the car.
I wish the same could hold true around here :tsk: Everyone comes out in full force with their blundering SUVs when it flurries and gets into multi-car accidents.

The good thing I like about BMW's ABS system is that it doesn't cut in too hard or early. On our Lexus the brake pedal pulses like mad and there's a massive crunching noise, as if the car is reprimanding you for driving carelessly. On the X3, it's just a subtle mild pulse and a no-drama affair.

Given enough room and space, try out the xDrive dynamics if you haven't already. Pound the throttle and drive a tad carelessly (and I repeat: empty parking lot only), you'd be surprised how xDrive can right itself out quite effectively.