PDA

View Full Version : anyone have the x3 cargo net?

sayemthree
02-04-2007, 11:55 AM
it appears this net extends from the cargo cover to the ceiling. true? pics?

d-rive
02-04-2007, 12:49 PM
the cargo net is a...net wich you put over the bagage to fix them on the cargo space...

but what you want to know is about the "separation net" and is true it extends from the cargo cover to the ceililng.

AzNMpower32
02-04-2007, 02:57 PM
Yup, we have it. You can remove the cargo net cassette and slide it in behind the seats to get the partition net like in the attachment above, or you can leave it as is and use the partition net with the seats up.

r6girl
02-04-2007, 03:23 PM
the cargo net is a...net wich you put over the bagage to fix them on the cargo space...

but what you want to know is about the "separation net" and is true it extends from the cargo cover to the ceililng.

this is definitely an issue of semantics, but what sayemthree is asking about is often called a cargo net. here's an example of another post here where this is the case: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91156&highlight=cargo+net+retrofit

i knew exactly what sayemthree meant when i read the thread title in the forum - the thought of an elastic net to put over things in the cargo area never even crossed my mind.

sayemthree: from what i've read online, retro-fitting this cargo net can be a pain, since the attachment mounts require cutting the headliner. realoem.com shows the net/cargo cover part alone at over $800. not sure how much labor would be (realoem.com estimates 2 hours, so that may help), but you could avoid that if you're adventurous and install it yourself...

sayemthree
02-04-2007, 03:56 PM
yes - I meant the separation net between the seat tops and the roof. our 528it had it. not the eleastic nets you can add to any car. we are buyin new so it wouldnt be a retro fit - the BMW guide lists it as an option for like 150.

AzNMpower32
02-04-2007, 06:19 PM
yes - I meant the separation net between the seat tops and the roof. our 528it had it. not the eleastic nets you can add to any car. we are buyin new so it wouldnt be a retro fit - the BMW guide lists it as an option for like 150.
In all honesty, we've used it about 4 times over the past 2 years. However, if you feel you need it then order it because retrofitting would be difficult. There are two sets of holes and corresponding covers in the headliner if you order the said option for $150.

sayemthree
02-05-2007, 12:14 PM
since our dog will ride in the rear cargo area - we would use it a lot.

phuksi
02-09-2007, 12:14 PM
I had this on my 3-series and I actually would want that in my X3 too. I did not order it from factory since my dealer said it would be possible for them to retrofit. Well what did he know... Yes it is possible to retrofit... You need to remove the head liner, cut a few holes into it for the anchor etc. My dealer quoted CA$1250 for parts and CA$500 for labor. Too expensive...
- p

bobotski
02-09-2007, 01:22 PM
I also thought about this and thought, hey, I can upgrade anytime. In retrospect, I should have done it the first time around :(

jlaverick2
04-14-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm interested in buying the separation net for my X3. Does anyone know where one can be purchased? I've searched and only found the floor net. I understand that the one I need gets tied into the cargo cover somehow.

AzNMpower32
04-14-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm interested in buying the separation net for my X3. Does anyone know where one can be purchased? I've searched and only found the floor net. I understand that the one I need gets tied into the cargo cover somehow.
I'm sure you can buy the cassette itself at the dealer, but you'd need to drill holes into your headliner in order to actually use the separation net................