PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Trade Or Swap

mikewinebf
02-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Hi all, I'm buying a new x3 with the sport package and 18" wheels, I would rather have the 19" wheels. Is there anyone unhappy with their own 19's because of the ride, that would consider a trade?

driver
02-06-2007, 06:23 PM
I was about to post for sale Style 146 with Pirelli Assimetrico - less than 100 miles - 235/45 19 fronts, 255/40 19 rears (see pg 5 of X3 accessory brochure). They are beautiful. It's one of the best looking BMW wheels. I've never seen them on the road, which I think is a plus. In fact, I like that I don't see too many X3s, not to mention w/ SP, and not to mention w/ manual!

Problem: I do not need another set of 18 inch (my stocks from the sport package are 18s with all season, which is what I'm going to stick with). I guess you don't need anything but summer tires based on where you live, so I understand why a trade would be more ideal for you. If you have interest in buying my set for a third of retail, let me know. Why the good deal? Because I don't have any interest in figuring out the eBay thing. I've never sold anything. I guess I'm lazy.

skitime
02-06-2007, 07:55 PM
I might be interested in the 19's. How was the ride with them?

driver
02-06-2007, 08:23 PM
It was a touch rougher than the regular SP ride but I felt noticeably more grip and tighter turning (probabaly due to firmer, and a little less, sidewall). I had to take them off because I bought the set in the middle of a three month saga of dealing with issues with both my rear diff and transfer case (at under 25K miles). They were both replaced (the rear diff twice) under warranty. There were various "harmonic" issues with my drivetrain, and BMW wanted to do all of the ride testing with my stock setup (they were using microphones to try to diagnose the abnormalities). I was ticked off to have to deal with the time in the shop with such a new car, but I always received a loaner. I was also ticked off that the parts were reman. BMW provide me the extended warranty at no charge for "for the trouble" and to give me some piece of mind. That was perfect for me because I bought my X3 (ED) and do plan to keep it for several years.

My original plan was to get dedicated winter performance tires for my stock rims and change them out twice a year. After the drivetrain issues, however, I have little taste for extra service (and of course the changeouts aren't free). Now I think I'll just get the highest performance all seasons available once my Scorpions wear out. They are not even close.

mikewinebf
02-06-2007, 10:05 PM
I'LL LOOK THEM UP IN MY BROCHURE TOMOROW. I AM INTERESTED.
YOU CAN EMAIL ME A: mikewinebf@aol.com

THNKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE.

MIKE