PDA

View Full Version : Changing horns

skitime
02-07-2007, 02:25 PM
After a couple of close calls with idiots here on the freeway, it's time to put the fear of god into them with some LOUD horns! Anyone changed out the stock horns for something louder, and any suggestions?

dug01
02-07-2007, 03:16 PM
After a couple of close calls with idiots here on the freeway, it's time to put the fear of god into them with some LOUD horns! Anyone changed out the stock horns for something louder, and any suggestions?

And how would louder horns solve that problem??:dunno:

AzNMpower32
02-07-2007, 03:16 PM
The stock horn is plenty loud enough. I just drive more carefully and anticipate what the average idi-- i mean driver would do.

skitime
02-07-2007, 04:10 PM
I guess I would just feel better, it's like whispering "you're a fool" instead of yelling.

hellasmania
02-07-2007, 04:39 PM
i have installed air horns in over 4 cars. they are the best weapon on the street.

you should see the look on others faces when you blast these babies...

iversonm
02-07-2007, 08:45 PM
You could always try something like this (http://www.victorysiren.com/x/main.htm).

In theory, you'd still have 80 hp left to drive that car.

AzNMpower32
02-07-2007, 08:45 PM
i have installed air horns in over 4 cars. they are the best weapon on the street.

Yea.........."who the f*ck does that guy think he is? jerk." :tsk:

dug01
02-08-2007, 06:51 AM

The look on their faces may be the last thing you see just before the bullet hits you. :bang:

LmtdSlip
02-08-2007, 06:55 AM
I need to do the same thing on my wifes truck....the OEM horns are pathetic.

x3ronnie
02-08-2007, 09:55 PM
Instead of a louder horn, how about a cell phone jammer? Who am I kidding, some people just REFUSE to pay attention!

dug01
02-09-2007, 06:48 AM
Instead of a louder horn, how about a cell phone jammer? Who am I kidding, some people just REFUSE to pay attention!
Hey I remember years ago about a device that would disconnect a cell-phone--I would like one of these to use in a restaurant when the table next to me decides to share his or hers conversation with the whole section--also for the women in the big SUV's pulling out of a parking lot on the phone--couldn't they make the call while parked--:dunno: -seen a news piece that some states are going to pass laws to stop distractions--like eating, phone calls, makeup, shaving--reading etc--lots of luck--cell phone usage is illegal in NYS--but not enforced just like seat belt laws in Florida. If you find a phone jammer let us all know. Until then be alert! :yikes:

x3ronnie
02-09-2007, 07:35 AM
Hey I remember years ago about a device that would disconnect a cell-phone--I would like one of these to use in a restaurant when the table next to me decides to share his or hers conversation with the whole section--also for the women in the big SUV's pulling out of a parking lot on the phone--couldn't they make the call while parked--:dunno: -seen a news piece that some states are going to pass laws to stop distractions--like eating, phone calls, makeup, shaving--reading etc--lots of luck--cell phone usage is illegal in NYS--but not enforced just like seat belt laws in Florida. If you find a phone jammer let us all know. Until then be alert! :yikes:

Yeah, unfortunately it seems like more people were talking on their phones AFTER the law took effect in NYS. And no, it's not the same as eating or drinking, because you don't have to keep your burrito pressed up against your face while holding it at all times. What really bothers me about the phone thing is that there is no clear consensus. Consumers Union has said that the phone is not neccessarily something that needs to be restrcited while driving. Look at California. Everyone is on the phone, and just try walking through a parking while drivers are backing out of parking spots. So we live with spotty regs, and limited enforcement. What needs to happen is a change in people's attitudes, but one can only hope.

02-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Yea.........."who the f*ck does that guy think he is? jerk." :tsk:

can someone tell me why this fool look so wimpy and gay? go drive a kia, sucka.:flame:

sayemthree
02-10-2007, 11:00 PM
I added the HElla horns from Griots garage. the stock e39 horns are for the weak.

dug01
02-11-2007, 07:22 AM
can someone tell me why this fool look so wimpy and gay? go drive a kia, sucka.:flame:

Thanks for the most intelligent post--it really adds to the thread :dunno:

02-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the most intelligent post--it really adds to the thread :dunno:

hey man, he asked for it.............it is he who first used the f word, it is he who first called my friend a jerk, it is he who looks very much like a gay wimpy ass, so let him go play with his azn twig....... he asked for it..................:cry:

itzeug
02-11-2007, 02:01 PM
You could always try something like this (http://www.victorysiren.com/x/main.htm).

In theory, you'd still have 80 hp left to drive that car.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

Clarke
02-11-2007, 02:05 PM
hey man, he asked for it.............it is he who first used the f word, it is he who first called my friend a jerk, it is he who looks very much like a gay wimpy ass, so let him go play with his azn twig....... he asked for it..................:cry:Welcome to the fest:thumbup: glad to have your input!:confused: