BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Our new E70

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  dixhead 
#1 ·
Deep Green Metallic over Black Nevada Leather w/ PP, SP, Rear Climate, Technology Pkg, Heated Front Seats, Running Boards, Satellite Radio, Prem Sound, CA....probably forgetting a few options. Nonetheless, we're really happy with our color choice and are getting tons of compliments.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

See less See more
#4 ·
dixhead....We did get the 3rd row seat and recently fit 7 adults in the X5 including 2 petite adult females in the 3rd row. They were comfortable for the short drive we took but I don't think a long road trip would be comfortable, except maybe for a small child. I think the 3rd row is going to be a plus for re-sale purposes, too.

xdrive, I WISH that was our 7. It's my father-in-law's and I was detailing it for him. I can still answer your question, though. The new X5 is very roomy, especially compared to our previous '04 X5. We are able to fit both the X5 and 7 in our 2 car garage and we have alot of crap to store besides. One thing we have always liked about the X5's is how wide they are and how stable you feel when driving. You certainly have more rear leg room in the 7 but the X5 is plenty big enough. As noted above, we had 7 adults in the X5 recently and it was fine for around town excursions.

#5 ·
The 3rd row was an option I looked hard and long at. BMW recommends no one taller than 5'6". My wife, at 5'1", had her knees hitting the 2nd row even with the 2nd row pulled all the way forward.

#6 ·
I've pretty well decided to opt against the 3rd row....if it wasn't $1700 it would be a harder choice. I have a feeling it would end up costing us $200/trip no more than we would use it. And on top of that, my wife would be one of the petite females to sit back there, and she already said she would never sit in the 3rd row of "her" car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.