PDA

View Full Version : X3 A-Bar?

bobotski
02-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Has anyody here installed or ever considered attaching a front A-bar? Does/will it accent the X3's front facia? Does it affect the front PDC sensors, and if so, is there a workaround? Pics please if available. Thanks!

Brochure photo...
http://bmw.autowebaccessories.com/store/images/bmw/x3GrillGuardChrome.jpg

d-rive
02-09-2007, 12:39 AM
some photos :) is a good looking with this "bullbar" in front.

MTLX3
02-09-2007, 07:16 AM
: puke:

Sorry... I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;)

Court M3
02-09-2007, 08:20 AM
that looks so out of place!

Evlengr
02-09-2007, 09:41 AM
We call them "Bumper Thumpers". Thanks great idea. How much do they typically run installed?

bobotski
02-09-2007, 10:25 AM
The 1st/4th picture ain't that bad. Did a search and they run in the $500 range, just for the accessory. I'm sure you can do the install yourself (unless it involves cutting).
I always thought the front of my X3 was lacking something. But like I said, may screw up the PDC sensors, so might not be an option for me.

pilotman
02-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Personally I think its pretty stupid.

It adds unnecessary weight and probably unfavorably impacts the aerodynamics.

Unless you are doing a lot of offroad driving (which you shouldn't be in an X3), these are a bad idea.

One more reason this is a bad idea, and perhaps the most important reason: If that is not a factory part, it could and probably will prevent the airbags from properly deploying when they need to. Even if it is a factory part, I doubt BMW separately crash tested the entire airbag system with that Abar.

People don't realize such hardware can prevent airbags from deploying, and/or that such devices can actually cause your vehicle to incur more damage in certain circumstances.