PDA

View Full Version : Tracking A New X3

mikewinebf
02-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Is there a method to track an ordered X3 that has been produced and shipped to the distributor. I have the vin number but have not figured how to follow the car on it's journey to the dealer?

berbutler
02-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Is there a method to track an ordered X3 that has been produced and shipped to the distributor. I have the vin number but have not figured how to follow the car on it's journey to the dealer?

Hi Mike:

Go to this website:

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp

Go to the bottom right and click on Cargo Tracking

Then click on Auto Cargo and type your VIN in the box.

This should give you shipping info and the name of the shipping vessel.

Then, go back to the home page and click on "Schedules"

Then click on "Search by Vessel" and type in the name of the vessel your X3 is on - you will then see the arrival info at VPC at Port Humene.

My Black Saphire X3 will be here in two weeks....................

Cheers,

Brett

MTLX3
02-13-2007, 07:27 AM
Since I found out about the website posted above, I decided to try it out, although not sure if it works for Canadian orders or not. I called my salesman and asked if my car had a VIN yet, since it is set for February production. Well it turned out it did :D . Problem is when he started describing the car, SG with Terra interior... what? Terra? I didn't order any Terra? I ordered Tobacco!!! They got the order wrong :cry: . How that could happen I don't know... but I'm going to find out. They are investigating right now at the dealership and I will do a follow up sometime today... what a bummer :mad: .

cbj
02-13-2007, 07:37 AM
Cool info. CARMEN arrives in NY on the 18th so my car should be here soon but I unfortunately have to fly to Denmark next week so I most likely will not see the car before March.

mikewinebf
02-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Hi Mike:

Go to this website:

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp

Go to the bottom right and click on Cargo Tracking

Then click on Auto Cargo and type your VIN in the box.

This should give you shipping info and the name of the shipping vessel.

Then, go back to the home page and click on "Schedules"

Then click on "Search by Vessel" and type in the name of the vessel your X3 is on - you will then see the arrival info at VPC at Port Humene.

My Black Saphire X3 will be here in two weeks....................

Cheers,

Brett

Mine is scheduled to come ashore in California March 13, Now I'm watching the weather at sea.