PDA

View Full Version : Dent on roof

Michaelz
02-12-2007, 07:33 PM
I called the dealer ask if my car arrived, and was told it had but I could not pick it up yet as there is a dent on the roof that they have to fix. I was told by a friend of mine that b/c of the dent I should be able to negotiate down the price of the lease. Does anyone know if this is possible? My buddies logic is that if I were to buy the car at the end of the lease the fact that there was once a dent would bring the value down (removing headliner to fix ect) is this true?

mapezzul
02-12-2007, 09:17 PM
I called the dealer ask if my car arrived, and was told it had but I could not pick it up yet as there is a dent on the roof that they have to fix. I was told by a friend of mine that b/c of the dent I should be able to negotiate down the price of the lease. Does anyone know if this is possible? My buddies logic is that if I were to buy the car at the end of the lease the fact that there was once a dent would bring the value down (removing headliner to fix ect) is this true?

This in no way will give you the ability to negotiate a new lease. If there is damage under a certain amount of damage they did not even need to disclose it to you. The residual is not going to change for a dent not sure where your friend comes up with that. If the car was in an accident yes, a dent no. They may throw in an accessory or two but I doubt that they will do much more. Most dealers do not even do anything.
I do wish you the best but I would not expect much unless there is significant damage.:thumbup:

Michaelz
02-13-2007, 05:44 AM
Thanks,
That was what I figured. Just wanted to check with ya'll before I made an ass out of my self at the dealers :eek:

Veight
02-15-2007, 02:51 PM
Lets say you returned the car to them with the same size dent on the car after the lease.

I can assure you they will charge you to fix it.

jagu
02-15-2007, 03:08 PM
Lets say you returned the car to them with the same size dent on the car after the lease.

I can assure you they will charge you to fix it.

Err, that's what they're doing. Fixing it for him free of charge :confused: