PDA

View Full Version : Tire rotate/balance on '05 e60 - anything special?

directcj
02-13-2007, 11:31 AM
Just recently got my car in for a service check as indicated by the car. SA called back and told me my tires have some cupping and is recommending that my tires get rotated and balanced -$119!!!!. BMW doesn't cover rotate/balance under the maintenance deal.

Is there any special process the dealer does that a gas station with a lift doesn't do? "m thinking either costco or gas station can rotate and balance just as well but wanted to check here.

stevepow
02-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Same size tires on all four? Runflats?

$119 doesn't sound bad to me to have it done right. I always take my BMWs back to the dealer to set up new tires, no matter where I buy the tires - just seems like they do much better.

Me530
02-13-2007, 12:08 PM
Do you have the sport package with directional summer tires? If so, forgetaboutit.

directcj
02-13-2007, 03:41 PM
no sport pkg, only premium
same size tires all 4 IIRC

bargamon
02-14-2007, 06:51 AM
Same size tires on all four? Runflats?

$119 doesn't sound bad to me to have it done right. I always take my BMWs back to the dealer to set up new tires, no matter where I buy the tires - just seems like they do much better.

I agree with this! I have even arranged to have Tire Rack drop ship my tires to dealer. They ususally don't charge all that much to do it, and its done right!!!!!