PDA

View Full Version : Finally!!! SNOW!

ycrazyy
02-14-2007, 08:22 AM
Well I got my X3 back in October and have been patiently waiting for (I never thought I'd say this) snow! I hate the cold, but I was anxious to find out how this little guy would perform. Sure enough, here comes the noreaster, and while it may not be snow (ice mostly) it is still great to drive in. Needless to say, I think my X3 has a new best friend (the snow / ice).

I drove it around a bit so far this AM, the ice is still coming down here in NY. I have NO handling issues at all even when I try and get it to slip and slide a bit, it catches itself almost immediately. As for stopping no issues either. I even tested out the "slow down hills" button. I have no idea what it is called, but it slowed my X3 down nice and safely while going down an icey hill. Overall I am very pleased with how it is handling and am very happy with my new X3.

Court M3
02-14-2007, 04:12 PM
yeah the X3 can handle a little ice and snow. Driving to work this morning was awesome, watching Tahoe on the left, Durango on the right...all stuck on side of the rode while the S made short work of ~2-3 inches of snow on the roads.

crazybelgian
02-15-2007, 06:32 AM
"slow down hills" button is "hill descent control"
I love driving in the snow, I find myself fishtailing on purpose to make the system work...
Obviously not when around other drivers or pedestrians.
enjoy your car!

dbtheo
02-15-2007, 09:52 AM
I have to agree, the X3 is awesome in the snow, we had some really bad roads the last few days, cars going everywhere off the road the X3 sport did great. Almost got stuck in a parking lot where the snow was about 3-4 feet deep. But I simply turned off the dsc & powered through, I was very impressed!