PDA

View Full Version : Premium Sound

Tucsonbmw
02-15-2007, 02:11 PM
Anyone have premium sound on their 07 si? Are you pleased with it?

dbtheo
02-15-2007, 04:01 PM
Anyone have premium sound on their 07 si? Are you pleased with it?

dont worry man, it sounds real nice:thumbup:

Ishniknork
02-15-2007, 05:33 PM
I got it on my '05 and glad I did. Sounds great. People say the stock system sounds fine but I wanted the best I could get without having to go aftermarket and tear up the car.

If you got NAV there are some equalizer adjustments that are only accessible through the NAV screen.

BiggieJ
02-16-2007, 12:47 PM
my fiancee just picked her x3 up yesterday...and we got the premium sound option...well compared to my e90 330 its sounds...eh...okay i suppose. the logic 7 in the e90 sounds REAL good and the logic sound in the e92 just sounds okay...but the x3 is by far the worst of the three. BUt i havent heard the regular sound system in the x3 but i imagine it wont be much worse. i adjusted whatever i could but it still sound i dunno "hollow" or "tiny". it doesnt seem to fill in the cabin right. if it wasnt a lease id go aftermarket.

but the car is NOICE! :thumbup:

SpeedR
02-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Problem with surround is, music does not sound as rich as with stereo. If you have premium with I-drive, go into sound system set-up and select "Stereo" vs. "Surround". See if you like the sound better. I do. In surround mode the front middle speaker is covering voices and some mids, so this is why it has that hollow sound.

Surround is great for movies and music dvd's specially recorded for multi-channel systems. I do not understand why they are all the rage in autos.

X3_2007
02-16-2007, 01:58 PM
The sound is Ok, but not impressive. I actually thought they forgot to hook up the subwoofers when I got mine.

kjboyd
02-16-2007, 02:01 PM
The reg. sound system in my 06 is incredible. something must be wrong with the one's you all have.
kevin

Tigeraaron
02-16-2007, 06:34 PM
I guess its all relative....I have a E90 with the Logic7 and it sounds amazing for stock. when we bought the x3 I was hoping the premium system would be comparable and it just wasn't. Better than nothing I guess.

dug01
02-16-2007, 09:29 PM
The reg. sound system in my 06 is incredible. something must be wrong with the one's you all have.
kevin
I agree--its good enough, its a car after all and you should be paying attention to driving--there are those that want to have "Sound chamber quality" in a vehicle--it all gets lost when running down the interstate at 75 MPH--I was in a $60k Infinity with the premium level sound system--sounded great in the driveway but even as quiet as that car was it all went out the window once on the road. When I want to seriously listen to music I go home--Ill spend my money on stuff that makes the car run or look better. :D

schwank
02-17-2007, 07:22 AM
Im not an X3 owner but here's my experience... I have a 325xi, opted for the regular stereo, and put an infinity basslink in the trunk, cost about 300 to do it myself, and we love it. I have the premium in my Z4m coupe and I think it still needs more low end.

A friend of mine has a 98 M3, his premium system speakers blew, we test drove other bmw's with premium, and they had blown speakers (2-3 year old cars) Im not sure I trust the premium sound and I figured with the extra amplified sub I wouldn't push the stock system as hard.