PDA

View Full Version : 535d >>iDrive - very slow

regbmw
02-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Hi I have a 535d SE with Full nav & Coms pack., I hate the iDrive as i prefer lots of buttons !:thumbdwn:

I find that the response time of the iDrive is very slow, from tuning the radio to go to the sat nav, does anyone know if there is a software upgrade or something to make it quicker ??

It seems slower when you first start the engine, - it take 30-60 seconds to syn with the mobile phone via blu tooth......then it is just generally slow, if you need to swith radio stations by the time you have found your station - you have missed the main news :cry:

Any suggestions other than changing the car ??:dunno:

Me530
02-15-2007, 03:28 PM
How old is your 535d? If its more than 6 months old, I'd say there is likely a software update that will help.

Kiki3
02-17-2007, 01:39 PM
The iDrive is indeed slow. You just have to get used to it.

PBO
02-17-2007, 05:30 PM
Go get an upgrade.

My 06530xi has been in 3 times for idrive related software failures.
I didn't do a pt by pt comparison, but the software was definitely upgraded.
Menus were moved around and new features were "stubbed" in. I don't have them and don't expect I will get them.

astrohip
02-17-2007, 10:30 PM
I love iDrive. I don't like buttons, and it helps give the interior a much cleaner look.

Having said that, I found the initial response time of iDrive deplorable. It's simply not acceptable that it take 30 seconds to wake up. Heck, get out of your car for a few minutes, run into a store, and it's a 30 second wait again when you get in. They should make whatever tech changes are necessary to fix this.

Once it's up, I find response time quite crisp. It's only startup that's the sh!t.

bimmerrg
02-18-2007, 07:39 AM
Hey, apply the hardware downgrade to your body, slow it down!

Mike O
02-20-2007, 12:28 AM
I've got a September '04 530d and I also find that the iDrive takes up to 10 seconds to 'warm up' when I first switch on but nothing like 30 seconds. Overall I don't have a big issue with using iDrive other than the fact that it takes a while to learn the menu tree, i.e. remember the correct route to use down to a particular command or option!