PDA

View Full Version : Xenons Purple on One Side

scottysak
02-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Hello, does anyone here have their driver's side xenon lights more purple than the other side. It seems like its less dim on the driver's side as well. Any input would be great thanks.

jbcritch
02-16-2007, 06:04 AM
Are you looking at your lights by standing directly in front of your vehicle? If so, remember that your lights (left and right) are aimed differently to account for traffic. In the US the drivers' side light should be aimed more toward the passenger side so it stays out of the eyes of oncoming drivers, so I could imagine it would appear dimmer and a different color too. :thumbup:

If anyone can confirm this, please do - I am no expert on headlights by any means whatsoever....:)

scottysak
02-16-2007, 08:34 AM
At first I wasn't looking into the headlight, but actually looking at my white garage door when i parked in front of it, the beam hitting the white surface had two completely different colors. Then i looked into the headlight and noticed that they were in fact different colored beams.

X550-ED
02-16-2007, 10:32 AM
The driver side Xenon on my Infiniti also was off colored (purple). After a few days it became more obvious and about 2 weeks or so it died.