PDA

View Full Version : 500 miles on my 525xi

schnell525
02-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Howdy,

I've had my 07 525xi for just under a month...and only have about 500 miles on it. I love the car. I've had several other German cars (MB & Audis) and am finding this one my favorite.

Extremely comfortable, quiet, and surprisingly the 525's 215hp is pretty good driving around town and on the highway.

I apologize as a noob, but why do people bang on the E60's design? I've been a fan of BMW's since a little kid (88 M6 is my favorite) and wasn't a fan of the E60 when it came out, but the design has really grown on me--maybe it was more ahead of its time when it came out.

Outside of longterm BMW fans, is it envy? I got the car for it's technology and comfort/convenience, which I couldn't find in MB & Audi (dealership service is subpar) IMO.

Thanks.

krash
02-16-2007, 06:02 PM
I apologize as a noob, but why do people bang on the E60's design? I've been a fan of BMW's since a little kid (88 M6 is my favorite) and wasn't a fan of the E60 when it came out, but the design has really grown on me--maybe it was more ahead of its time when it came out.

I think you're right on.

I think the E60 was several years ahead of it's time. Plus, it was a radical change to an EXTREMELY popular car. Those 2 factors had a lot to do with it.

Nowadays, the E60 is much more accepted.

Personally speaking, I just love the 5 series. I love everything about it. I even love iDrive.

My only pet peeve is that BMW does sort of nickle-and-dime you a little bit with options (not as bad as Mercedes though). Some of the options come standard with other brands. For example, Rear Door Side Mounted Airbags, Comfort Access, Logic 7 Sound System, etc. For the price you're paying, those types of features should be standard on the 530/530xi/535/535xi/550.