PDA

View Full Version : New owner questions

obi.wan
02-19-2007, 02:24 PM
1- How many keys does it come with? Only received two key fobs (Don't have comfort access) and found this "cover" for a key in the glove compartment

2- No power folding outside mirrors? I can almost imagine that they were in the demo, maybe it was the 328iT??

3- Any suggestions for a back seat cover?

4- I received info from a forum member for a DIY Ipod install, don't have a CD changer. What is a fair price for a dealer install including parts? I notice the Ipod sticky.

Thanks everyone.

kevinp
02-19-2007, 02:47 PM
1. 2
2. Nope
3. www.weathertech.com or www.autosport.com or www.griotsgarage.com
4. Dont know, do a search in the forum

chrischeung
02-19-2007, 04:47 PM
1. 2 + 1 small black plastic key that fits in the glovebox key cover;
2. Not on US models;
3. BMW offers one as an accessory - check it out. You don't mention what you will be hauling.

stream
02-19-2007, 06:05 PM
My answers below in bold:

1- How many keys does it come with? Only received two key fobs (Don't have comfort access) and found this "cover" for a key in the glove compartment

2 key fobs + 1 "wallet key"

4- I received info from a forum member for a DIY Ipod install, don't have a CD changer. What is a fair price for a dealer install including parts? I notice the Ipod sticky.

All you want to know (and more) is in the iPod info sticky.

obi.wan
02-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the info. Dealer I bought from had only one key fob on day of delivery and is having the second one shipped to us.
I called today and the salesperson says there is no such thing as a plastic key despite mention of the holder I found in the glove compt, manual and confirmation here.
Suggestions?

Service will be at a separate dealer.

Michaelz
02-19-2007, 08:30 PM
I picked up my 530 yesterday. I got two key fobs as well as a small plastic key that fits in the holder in the glove compartment your dealer is full of BS :mad: .

Mike

chrischeung
02-19-2007, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the info. Dealer I bought from had only one key fob on day of delivery and is having the second one shipped to us.
I called today and the salesperson says there is no such thing as a plastic key despite mention of the holder I found in the glove compt, manual and confirmation here.
Suggestions?

I believe the wallet key listed in the manual?

kevinp
02-20-2007, 05:54 AM
Suggestions?

Obi,

Who is your dealer in MD?

simplemind
02-20-2007, 07:25 AM
I picked up my 530 yesterday. I got two key fobs as well as a small plastic key that fits in the holder in the glove compartment your dealer is full of BS :mad: .

Mike

Yes, just picked up my 530xit, and two "fobs" + plastic key. There is a metal key inside each fob, not sure why though!? :dunno:

BTW, where is the "holder" for the key in the glove compartment?

Veight
02-20-2007, 08:11 AM
Suggestions?

Your dealer is flat wrong. There is a thin plastic key for your wallet. Sounds like that dealership has lost two of yoiur 3 keys and won't own up to it.

The plastic key opens the door, and it fits inside the glove box "empty fob" for actually starting your car.

The actual fobs have a removeable key so you can give the keyless fob to a parking attendant and lock valuables in your glovebox or trunk.

HWF
02-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Veight - I'll be picking up my 530xi next month (ED). I see you have the same color combo I ordered. I've never actually seen the Monaco Blue/Grey/ Anthracite. How do you like it?

obi.wan
02-20-2007, 11:35 AM
1- Dealer VOB, I must say the Salesperson was nice. but the key issue? I read everything on their atrocious service dept. on this forum

2- Suggestions for service Russell or Towson?

3- How do I go about obtaining the plastic key? How important is it? Debating time spent versus gain. I agree, I think they lost the keys hence the second one being shipped to me.

4- The plastic holder is towards the back of the glove compt, in a slot.

5- The metal key, if you take it out, insert in drivers door and hold it, will close all windows and sunroof. Cannot do it from the key fob.

cheddar
02-20-2007, 12:08 PM
The 335 has folding mirrors. It's a button next to the mirror adjustment and is mentioned in the owner's manual.

kevinp
02-20-2007, 12:19 PM
1- Dealer VOB, I must say the Salesperson was nice. but the key issue? I read everything on their atrocious service dept. on this forum

2- Suggestions for service Russell or Towson?

3- How do I go about obtaining the plastic key? How important is it? Debating time spent versus gain. I agree, I think they lost the keys hence the second one being shipped to me.

4- The plastic holder is towards the back of the glove compt, in a slot.

5- The metal key, if you take it out, insert in drivers door and hold it, will close all windows and sunroof. Cannot do it from the key fob.

2. Towson is where my friend bought his 750Li, he likes their style, too far for me, I purchased at Passport.

3. You need to contact the VOB sales manager and make him/her get one for you. Plastic key is not important unless you cant keep track of your keys/dont trust valets, etc.

Good luck:thumbup: