PDA

View Full Version : Is Make a deal now for a 2008 smart ??

aficionado
02-19-2007, 11:01 PM
So are you are making deals now at a certain amount below MSRP? Eventhoug we don't know what MSRP is?

Are you signing contract? Not just a hand shake?

Is this correct?

I pretty much know what I want on a 535i and I plan on dealing over the internet.

Do you guys/gals think I should start this process now? 4k below MSRP as some have quoted seems like it would be a pretty good deal, not only for the 'newest' car, but even 6 + month down the road.

Maybe dealers are willing to deal now and get some sales under their belts.

What do you think?

Jeremy - BMW
02-19-2007, 11:10 PM
the new entry level 5 is the 528i, 230HP, 200TQ...then the twin turbo 300HP, 300TQ, 535i...and finally the big V8 360HP, 360TQ, 550i. of course there is always the M5 as well if you need 500HP and a racing inspired V-10.

i am guessing you are figuring on the 528i now. if you offer 4K under sticker on a car that will have just received a facelift / engine change i doubt you will get many replies at all...especially considering that will be under invoice. most everyone will just click "delete" when seeing an offer like that.

aficionado
02-19-2007, 11:20 PM
I wasn't going to offer 4K below.

I thought I'd say what I want and ask for the best price. I have 4 dealer to deal with.

In another thread someone mention 4K below MSRP so I'm thinking maybe the time is right to order.

For example, maybe a dealer is ordering 20 cars. I say I want a certain car, put down money and sign a contract. Now the dealer orders 21 cars. He gets a quick sale and I get a good deal. If I go in and look at one of those 20 cars after they have been delivered, then I get the run around about how 'HOT' they are....and pay top $$$.

I'm just thinking out loud here. Chime in with any thoughts.

mapezzul
02-20-2007, 11:00 AM
The only model with $4k of profit built into it is the 550, I would be very hard pressed to find a dealer willing to wipe the entire profit out on a car that is new to market. BMW works on allotment and they only get a certain number of cars to make the profit on, not like GM where trucks come and you have another bunch of cars to sell. The 4K below really does not even take into account the amount the MSRP will go up, it may not be proportional to wholesale so if the MSRP goes up $2k and the wholesale up $1k you still are not getting that great of a deal. Deals should be made at XXXX above wholesale. Personally I decided not to get the 2008 because the rates are going to be ridiculous and the ability to deal is not going to be there yet. I would never blindly buy something I had no clue of the cost of. Look at all of those that did this with the X5, the payments on that truck are insane for what it is.... I am sure the same will be true with the 5. Also do not forget that BMW always seems to add some features to cars in September.... there is a whole list of them recently early adopters are Beta testers without the added features. I would not be surprised if this is not the case again, manual transmission being one of them.... I am betting backup camera and possibly the updated HUD for September.

Best of luck:thumbup:

stevepow
02-20-2007, 11:26 AM
Are you signing contract? Not just a hand shake?

I have never really signed anything other than a deposit check before the car was actually at the dealership. I think that is the normal procedure.

ghbmd
02-20-2007, 12:01 PM
2 weeks ago I just ordered a 2008 535xi and got 2K under MSRP. That was with calling 4 local dealers. The first dealership tried to tell me that I could only get it at MSRP as it is new, hot etc. But a sold car is a sold car. I recommend you let the dealer know what options you want, because there is some money to be made on those as well. Then let your local dealerships quote you what they will give you off MSRP. The profit margin on a 2007 530 is only a bit more than 4K, so it is unlikely you will get that on an '08 535. It is true that early adopters will likely get hit with higher lease costs, but that is not something one can control if you need a car by the end of April. If leasing, be sure to make the dealer honor the residual values and money factors as BMWFS lists them at the time of the deal. (This information, like the cost of the car, is not yet available.) Some dealerships will offer more money off of MSRP and then try to compensate for it by increasing the money factor on the back end of the lease. The money factor and residual values should be fixed, leaving the only negotiable factor the cost of the car. I agree with mappezzul above that the lease costs of the 2008 5 series will be higher, likely due to a higher a money factor. But how anyone can buy or lease a new car that is already out of date is beyond me. Plus, that engine! If you have not driven a 3 series with the 300HP engine, then get over to your nearest dealership. It is incredible!

Ordered 2/8/07 2008 535xi, Monaco Blue, Nat Brown Leather, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Pkg, Multi contour seats, navigation, satellite radio

Bart001
02-20-2007, 01:50 PM
But how anyone can buy or lease a new car that is already out of date is beyond me.

It's called getting a fantastic car at a fantastic price. Do you see me :bawling: about driving a 2005 545i for the past 22 months? :dunno:

No you see me :bigpimp: :bigpimp: :bigpimp:

Pjuran
02-20-2007, 02:51 PM
Lease rates for the 08 models will probably be in the .00320 range for 2 or 3 year leases with 15,000 miles per year. That's 7.68%

I leased a 2007 550i in January at a money factor of .00150 for 3yr 15K per year. That equates to 3.6% financing. THAT IS CHEAP!!!!!! Where else can you get that type of financing today?

Anyone who is willing to fork over an extra 408 basis points for an 08 model, which has minimal changes as compared to the 07 just doesn't make sense in my opinion.

Wait for the major facelift in 2009.

ghbmd
02-21-2007, 06:05 AM
[QUOTE=Bart001;2188388]It's called getting a fantastic car at a fantastic price. Do you see me :bawling: about driving a 2005 545i for the past 22 months? :dunno:

I was referring to getting a 2007 530xi today (or in the next couple of months) when to '08 535 will be out soon. If you've been driving a 2005 545 for the past two years (22mos) then you got it nearly two years ago and what I wrote does not apply to you. I was never inferring that you should get a new car as each new model year or slight model change becomes available. Some people are OK getting a used car. Some are not. Even though a '07 530 is new, the ENGINE changes coming up in MY 2008 (available in less than 2 months!) would make me feel like I am getting an outdated model before I even picked it up.

ghbmd
02-21-2007, 06:22 AM
QUOTE=Pjuran;2188555]Lease rates for the 08 models will probably be in the .00320 range for 2 or 3 year leases with 15,000 miles per year. That's 7.68%

I leased a 2007 550i in January at a money factor of .00150 for 3yr 15K per year. That equates to 3.6% financing. THAT IS CHEAP!!!!!! Where else can you get that type of financing today?

Anyone who is willing to fork over an extra 408 basis points for an 08 model, which has minimal change[s as compared to the 07 just doesn't make sense in my opinion.

Wait for the major facelift in 2009.[/QUOTE]

I think there is a big difference between the 2007 530 and the 2008 535. That is, of course, the engine. If I did not need AWD, I would consider the the 07 550 over the '08 as well (again, if I did not need AWD, and if lease costs were equivalent). Would you re-consider the '08 550 and spend more money if the '08 had a new engine offering significantly different performance?

Pjuran
02-21-2007, 07:07 AM
For me I just wanted the smooth power of a big V8. If the 08 had a major engine upgrade would I have held off? Probably not. Really what is the difference between 360hp and 400hp or 500hp for that matter?? 1.5 sec faster off the line and more torque. At the end of the day I look for the best value for my dollar and for me that outweighs the marginal increase in performance.

ghbmd
02-21-2007, 07:22 AM
"Best value for your dollar?" Why are you not on "ToyotaFest" forums. Arguably, you should get a Camry and drive it for the next 12 years. Or maybe a Civic. Would you say the performance difference between a '07 530xi and an '08 535xi is marginal??- 1.3 second faster in 0-60 (5.6 vs 6.9) and 300 lb-ft of torque available from 1400-5000 rpm vs max 220 lb-ft available at 2750 rpm. I would say that the performance difference between an '08 535 and a '07 550 IS marginal- 550 0-60 5.4/5.5 seconds and max torque 360 lb-ft at 3400 rpm VS 535 with 0-60 in 5.6 seconds and 300 lb-ft of torque available from 1400-5000 rpm.

mapezzul
02-21-2007, 08:35 AM
But how anyone can buy or lease a new car that is already out of date is beyond me.

Actually it is quite simple..... You are getting an automatic, which is typical for pseudo BMW enthusiasts. If you were getting a manual you would need to wait until September which by my calculations is over 7 months away. I can not wait that long I need my car by May. Also, with all of the electronics issues people have been having with the X5 I am very leery of buying a car that has basically the same electronics. I was an early adopter of the E90 and got screwed in the end because of the electronics issues and the fact they made safety, performance and feature changes the following (month) September... BMW is known for this and it will continue, you will be a Beta tester for them.
Cars are like computers, they are out of date the moment you buy it. There is always something better so if you do not pull the trigger you will always be waiting for the next model.
For the amount of money the 535 is going to cost you can get far more car elsewhere, just depends on your preference or rather the badge you are displaying. What I am getting my car for is a joke and I am fine with that.... the 5 is costing me less per month than the 3, and I actually do not like the interior changes and the exterior are easy to swap if I really see the need to.....
Yes the twin turbo is a nice engine but, there are still bugs in the software. There are all sorts of hesitation issues and cold start and dealing with the ethanol blend in the North East, were as the N52 I had no issues with and they have worked the kinks out.... Next year I will consider it when it gets another HO bump.
Best of luck! :thumbup:

symphony
02-21-2007, 08:53 AM
This has been exactly my dilemma, coming out of an allroad lease in February. I really wanted the engine of the 535xiT but was uncomfortable with the combination of waiting until Arpil at the earliest, no option of manual until September(although I have to go with the auto because of my wife, sigh), the prospect of getting high MF, the beta testing aspect (although I think that's probably overplayed, since there isn't really much change here). I came out of a 4.2 V8, and believe me, I feel the difference with the 530 especially at low end. Ultimately, it is the engine which is the seller for the new 08's.

This is my first BMW and I am a lease convert, so my decision was to order the 07 530xiT, which is currently on the boat landing in NY this Saturday, make a two year lease, at the December ridiculously low locked in rate--see what I like and don't like about the car, then either get a great rate on the "old" facelift models in 2 years, or go for the completely new models which might be out around then (talk about beta testing...!)

This board is really wonderful, and has helped me arrive at this decision. I understand the lure of the engine--but for now, I will be content with the lure of a great car!

Pjuran
02-21-2007, 09:14 AM
"Best value for your dollar?" Why are you not on "ToyotaFest" forums. Arguably, you should get a Camry and drive it for the next 12 years. Or maybe a Civic. Would you say the performance difference between a '07 530xi and an '08 535xi is marginal??- 1.3 second faster in 0-60 (5.6 vs 6.9) and 300 lb-ft of torque available from 1400-5000 rpm vs max 220 lb-ft available at 2750 rpm. I would say that the performance difference between an '08 535 and a '07 550 IS marginal- 550 0-60 5.4/5.5 seconds and max torque 360 lb-ft at 3400 rpm VS 535 with 0-60 in 5.6 seconds and 300 lb-ft of torque available from 1400-5000 rpm.

================================================== ========
Relax Dude...All I'm saying is that a 3.6% loan is SIGNIFICANTLY better than a 7.6% loan. No need to get insulting.

ToyotaFest?? That's hitting below the belt.

You can get a 550 with almost the same the performance as the 535 for less $s. Plus the V8 is a proven winner. The twin turbo 6 is still very new.

Also, if all wheel drive is that important to you get an Audi Quattro. They are hands down the best in AWD. I have a A4 3.0 Quattro as my winter car. I lived in Chicago and NY thru several winter snow storms. Not once has it let me down or gotten stuck. Also, pairing the power of a 535 with all wheel drive will certainly rip the tires to shreads in no time.

aficionado
02-21-2007, 02:02 PM
Two things:

First, 07's are hard to find. I think dealers didn't order any 'extra' ones because they didn't want to get stuck with them sitting on the lot.

Second, I don't think the 08 is the beta new model people might think. I'm on the other side, thinking the 08 has all the fixes found from the previous 3 years.

Also buy when your ready.

Because if you are waiting for the new model in 2009, you can't buy that because it's the first year, so you'll have to wait until mid 2010 to buy a 2011 and by that time my trade in will be worth less and the new Bimmer will cost more !!

ghbmd
02-21-2007, 02:35 PM
OK. First no offense about the toyota comment. Its all in fun and about us learning from each other. There is a lot of time spent assuming things when pricing anf lease rates are not available. I have crunched some number based on the following guesstimates:
1. The base MSRP cost of the 2008 535xi wil be $2500 more that '07 530xi meaning MSRP of $52,200 and my cost $50,200 (as I have already negotiaited $2000 off MSRP)
2. Best available price for '07 530xi would be $1000 above invoice, or $47,000 anf best available price for '07 550 at $1000 above invoice would be $55,000
3. Using historical rewsidual value info, residual value on a 5 series for 2 year/12kmile lease is 72%, and RV for 3yr/12K mile lease is 62%.
4. Assume lease interest rate on '07 % series is 4% and '08 5 series is 7%
5. Assume avg 7.5%sales tax

You get the following monthly lease costs:
'07 530xi= $620/month
'07 550=$810/month
'08 535xi= $790/month
(These costs do not include any added options).

So yes there is a premium being paid for a 2008 535xi over a 2007, but this may be worth it to some (like me). And yes, the 550 is priced very similarly, and you do get more car, but no AWD if it is needed, and it still a 2007 model.

Finally, I am coming out of an Audi lease- 2004 A6 2.7T quattro. This car has less horsepower than a new 2007 A63.2. Plus the lease price on a 2007 A63.2 is MORE than the 2008 535xi because of Audi's poorer residual values. And obviously, a 2007 A6 4.2 lease price is even higher. Plus, I am bored of the Audi's uninspired styling. So another Audi is out of the question. And yes, I am getting an automatic transmission in my BMW. Not ashamed of it either.

This is fun!

BMWSTL
02-21-2007, 05:01 PM
I have crunched some number based on the following guesstimates...

This is fun!

You crunched my brain as well!! :yikes: :D

But interesting post. Of course, the analysis you've done is a leasing analysis, not a buying analysis. I rarely lease a car, even though the number crunching may say it's cheaper to lease. I hate getting locked into a car for a set term (if your needs change, or you hate the car, you're often stuck as leases go upside down quite a bit), and worrying about using all the miles I'm paying for or worse, running over, is something I like to avoid. I'm also starting to keep my cars longer than a typical lease term (36 mos).

Buying an '07 vs buying an '08 is a different analysis. The '07 will get a much harder depreciation hit sooner than an '08 for the simple reason that it's a year older sooner. Even if the cost of acquisition is a few thousand more (given a higher MSRP/invoice or less discounting), the depreciation hit alone on the '07 makes buying the newer '08 model the way to go.

Lou

simplemind
02-21-2007, 06:47 PM
I just went thru this scenario and finally decided that I could use the almost $200 / mo. for other purposes. The only reason I entertained the '08 was for the TT engine. Now that I have had a chance to drive my '07, I made the right decision for me. Plenty fast to get all the speeding tickets I want :D

FyteOn
02-21-2007, 07:22 PM
I just went through all of this too. I decided to pull the trigger on the '07 550 and I'm picking it up in Munich the same day the '08s are available. For me the cosmetic improvements weren't worth the couple grand extra and the 400+ bip increase in lease rates.

My lease rate is about $590/mth for 2 years and 10k miles/year and I got almost every option available. I figure I'm getting an '07 550 for less than an '08 535 and I certainly don't need the x living where I live. I'll let the bugs get worked out of the refresh and be back for the new model in 2 years.

Z4luvr
02-21-2007, 10:55 PM
This is an interesting thread. I just turned in my 5 series and am chomping at the bit get my next Bimmer. I am making due with my old Inifiniti when I need to be able to handle more than 2 people. Once you go BMW, it's hard to go back. I am going to wait until I get a new job before buying anything new, which will take a few months. I have been mulling the following options:

08 335i vert (might be too similar to my Z4)
08 535i
07 550i (if there are any left)
05 or 06 545i
I know the most cost effective way is the used route, but I have been thinking how great it would be to do an ED in the summer or early fall. I know that if I buy used, resale will suffer, so I will be driving it until it falls apart. However, that means I should be able to get a great deal.

As far as the twin turbo engine being tested, at least it was available on the 335i for a while, so maybe they will be able to work out some of the bugs. I am expecting the 335 vert to be in very short supply with little discounts and unfavorable terms, but there should be better availability for the 535.

If I were doing it today, your $590 payment for a loaded '07 550 sounds unbeatable. Enjoy your ED and new car. (note to self - do not buy a new BMW without Head Up Display - that is too cool)

ghbmd
02-22-2007, 05:51 AM
My lease rate is about $590/mth for 2 years and 10k miles/year and I got almost every option available. I figure I'm getting an '07 550 for less than an '08 535 and I certainly don't need the x living where I live. I'll let the bugs get worked out of the refresh and be back for the new model in 2 years.[/QUOTE]

That is an awesome lease price. Invoice on that car with those options has to be close to $60,000. Only needing 10K miles per year and doing a 2-yr lease makes a difference. (Don't use most of your miles in Europe though.). Just curious if you are putting any money down or paying taxes up front? Do you know what the money factor/lease interest rate is?

Feel free to tell me none of my business. And enjoy your trip.

ghbmd
02-22-2007, 06:11 AM
"For the amount of money the 535 is going to cost you can get far more car elsewhere, just depends on your preference or rather the badge you are displaying."

Please tell me which car is "far more", has AWD, can seat 5 (midsize sedan). I am seriously interested because its not too late to look at other cars.

Also, it seems today buying a "new" 5 series is just a bit complicated with 4 options instead of 2.
1. '07 525 with a MSRP of $43,500
2. '08 528 with (guess) MSRP of $45,000
3. '07 530 with MSRP $47,500
4. '08 535 with (guess) MSRP $50,000

Each step of the way you pay a premium for the higher level car. If going from a '07 525 to an '07 530, the cost is $4000 more to get an engine with 40 more horsepower. If going from an '07 530 to an '08 535, the MSRP difference is likely going to be $2500 (yes, I know with a bigger difference in lease prices) to get an engine with 45 more horses and a lot more torque. Each step up costs- you just have to decide if it worth it for you. If buying and not leasing, it is an easy decision. Get the '08 535 which will only cost 3-4K more but retain its value better. With leasing the decision is harder.

mapezzul
02-22-2007, 07:14 AM
"For the amount of money the 535 is going to cost you can get far more car elsewhere, just depends on your preference or rather the badge you are displaying."

Please tell me which car is "far more", has AWD, can seat 5 (midsize sedan). I am seriously interested because its not too late to look at other cars.

Also, it seems today buying a "new" 5 series is just a bit complicated with 4 options instead of 2.
1. '07 525 with a MSRP of $43,500
2. '08 528 with (guess) MSRP of $45,000
3. '07 530 with MSRP $47,500
4. '08 535 with (guess) MSRP $50,000

Each step of the way you pay a premium for the higher level car. If going from a '07 525 to an '07 530, the cost is $4000 more to get an engine with 40 more horsepower. If going from an '07 530 to an '08 535, the MSRP difference is likely going to be $2500 (yes, I know with a bigger difference in lease prices) to get an engine with 45 more horses and a lot more torque. Each step up costs- you just have to decide if it worth it for you. If buying and not leasing, it is an easy decision. Get the '08 535 which will only cost 3-4K more but retain its value better. With leasing the decision is harder.

Ok if you really want to know.... My loaded 07 530XIT Msrp in excess of $61k with no money out of pocket (except bank fee), 2 years 15K per is less than $550 per. Also Audi just had an insane offer on the A6 and Q7 that put them in the same range.. the Q7 was just under $600 and the A6 a little bit more than that. MSRP means nothing in the grand scheme of things. BTW when you said that Audi had poorer residual did you know that the residual on the 07 A4 was at 74% and a low money factor for the month of January? You could get a loaded one with just the first months payment in the mid $300's with 15k miles for 2 years.

The best guess on the 2008 535XIT by myself and the dealer would have placed it near $900 per month, using the same money as the X5 and all that. The X5 just got adjusted rates for the next 2 weeks only placing it between high 5's and high 9's instead of high 7's and a high of 1200 per. I would also check the E class rates and figures....

Moral of the story if you are an early adopter they will screw you in the money end and in the features... September will bring more standard options.... but shop around for the rates and residuals or just payment per.

Best of luck!:thumbup:

ghbmd
02-22-2007, 08:01 AM
"Audi just had an insane offer on the A6 and Q7 that put them in the same range.. the Q7 was just under $600 and the A6 a little bit more than that."

Thanks for the info. I did actually price 2007 A6s back in November. 3yr/12K miles for a 3.2Quattro was 790/month and 4.2 Quattro was $880/month. I am coming out of an A6 and was interested in something new. I will call again.

FyteOn
02-22-2007, 09:15 AM
No worries. The whole point of this web community is to share and help. My US MSRP was just over $71,000 and my cost was just about $61,000 with the ED. The only money I put down was the money to max the MSDs so it's money I get back in two years. The MF was 0.00150 and I bought it down 0.00049 with the MSDs.

As for the miles, I really need the 12k but it's cheaper to do to the 10k and then buy the remainder of the miles 6 months out at 16 cents per mile. So technically you can add $26.67 to each lease payment if I do have to buy all 4,000 miles. Even if I have to buy up to the 15k a year it's only $66.67 more a month.

It's ridiculously inexpensive for the car we're getting. My wife's commute to her hospital is about 35 miles each way so we bought her a Lexus - and those payments are $900 a month! To get this car for around $600 is incredible which is why you can see we didn't wait for the refresh.

By the way, we're driving from Munich to Paris via Lucerne and Geneva and we expect to log about 700 miles - not too bad!

Road_Runner
03-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Just make sure you deal from the Invoice/Wholesale UP!

RR

BMWSTL
03-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Just make sure you deal from the Invoice/Wholesale UP!

RR

Some dealers like to discount from MSRP, others like to work up from invoice. As long as you're smart, do your research and know the numbers, it should make no difference which way you deal.

lou

mapezzul
03-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Some dealers like to discount from MSRP, others like to work up from invoice. As long as you're smart, do your research and know the numbers, it should make no difference which way you deal.

lou

The point was if you did not know the MSRP or the wholesale (invoice) you do not know the gap between them so dealing over wholesale is a safer bet. If the gap is 5K and you agree to 2K under you lose out compared to if you said $2k over dealer cost..... most deals should be done this way anyways, so you are not messing around and both you and the dealer know the "profit".

shabbaman
03-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Ok if you really want to know.... My loaded 07 530XIT Msrp in excess of $61k with no money out of pocket (except bank fee), 2 years 15K per is less than $550 per. Also Audi just had an insane offer on the A6 and Q7 that put them in the same range.. the Q7 was just under $600 and the A6 a little bit more than that. MSRP means nothing in the grand scheme of things. BTW when you said that Audi had poorer residual did you know that the residual on the 07 A4 was at 74% and a low money factor for the month of January? You could get a loaded one with just the first months payment in the mid $300's with 15k miles for 2 years.

The best guess on the 2008 535XIT by myself and the dealer would have placed it near $900 per month, using the same money as the X5 and all that. The X5 just got adjusted rates for the next 2 weeks only placing it between high 5's and high 9's instead of high 7's and a high of 1200 per. I would also check the E class rates and figures....

Moral of the story if you are an early adopter they will screw you in the money end and in the features... September will bring more standard options.... but shop around for the rates and residuals or just payment per.

Why not do 10K instead of 15K lease, in your particular case it would be cheaper (I should know, I'm getting the same car as you and leasing for the same 24 months). If the car is stolen or totalled, then it would be irrelevant (to BMWNA) how many miles are on your car. Also, if you do a 10K per year lease, you can defer the $65 per month that you would otherwise pay BMWNA into a high yield bank account at 5% and earn some money as opposed to residualising the additional 3% of the car and paying interest and tax on it.

shabbaman
03-06-2007, 10:37 PM
I just went through all of this too. I decided to pull the trigger on the '07 550 and I'm picking it up in Munich the same day the '08s are available. For me the cosmetic improvements weren't worth the couple grand extra and the 400+ bip increase in lease rates.

My lease rate is about $590/mth for 2 years and 10k miles/year and I got almost every option available. I figure I'm getting an '07 550 for less than an '08 535 and I certainly don't need the x living where I live. I'll let the bugs get worked out of the refresh and be back for the new model in 2 years.

Actually, you're probably getting your 550i for less than a 2008 528i.

lwall
03-07-2007, 02:18 PM
Do I understand correctly that the 5 Series 2009 models will be totally re-designed?

shabbaman
03-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Do I understand correctly that the 5 Series 2009 models will be totally re-designed?

No.

He's venturing a guess that in 2009 we'll see the redesigned 2010 5 series. He's probably off by a year, though. I wouldn't expect to see the new 5 until the 2011 model year.

HPIA4v2
03-08-2007, 08:25 AM
My guess is as good as any, but the clue to me would be when Mercedes decides to introduce a new e-class to replace the current (w-221) body style. Then BMW has no choice but come up with F10.
Though the last E-class from Mercedes was in the market for almost 11 years!

mapezzul
03-08-2007, 09:27 AM
Why not do 10K instead of 15K lease, in your particular case it would be cheaper (I should know, I'm getting the same car as you and leasing for the same 24 months). If the car is stolen or totalled, then it would be irrelevant (to BMWNA) how many miles are on your car. Also, if you do a 10K per year lease, you can defer the $65 per month that you would otherwise pay BMWNA into a high yield bank account at 5% and earn some money as opposed to residualising the additional 3% of the car and paying interest and tax on it.

Yeah that would make sense, but not if you lease in NY, I still need to pay the taxes. And the difference was less than the $65 per month. To me it is not worth dealing with it later and I do 50k in 2 years so I am already getting hit hard in the end, and I do not buy them up front. The car is a tax write off so the higher payment is not a worry.

Thanks and best of luck!