PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Red

tjbruno
02-20-2007, 09:29 AM
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why you can't get the Sport Package combined with Crimson Red?

Can it be special ordered? Could you just order individual components like wheels, seats, steering wheel, etc.?

crazybelgian
02-20-2007, 09:52 AM
That's weird, normally red is associated with sporty isn't it?

Bada Bing
02-21-2007, 06:37 PM
I think I do. With the sport package, you get body colored side skirts and front/rear aprons. I think BMW was wise to decide that an all-red scheme wouldn't look good. Along the same lines, I don't find the white with sport package all that appealing. I myself am contemplating getting an X3 in crimson red and prefer the black lower body cladding. Also, the front end of the 2007 non-sport is unique while the SP models get the same front bumper design as the 2006 (foglights at the bottom air intakes isntead of X5-style ones n the bumper).

AzNMpower32
02-21-2007, 08:51 PM
It has to do with the painted side skirts etc... mentioned above. Ever since BMW started doing so with the 2006 SP, they've limited color choices. For example, only recently have they opened up Montego Blue as a choice with SP.

dbtheo
02-22-2007, 12:50 PM
I think BMW was wise to decide that an all-red scheme wouldn't look good.

maybe, but it seems to me that customers should be able to make that call. I for one wish I could get highland green or platinum bronze in a sport package scheme

tjbruno
02-23-2007, 01:29 PM
I think I do. With the sport package, you get body colored side skirts and front/rear aprons. I think BMW was wise to decide that an all-red scheme wouldn't look good. Along the same lines, I don't find the white with sport package all that appealing. I myself am contemplating getting an X3 in crimson red and prefer the black lower body cladding. Also, the front end of the 2007 non-sport is unique while the SP models get the same front bumper design as the 2006 (foglights at the bottom air intakes isntead of X5-style ones n the bumper).

I guess that's my question. If the issue is the painted skirts/aprons, can you get "everything else". Nothing else is related to the color. I could live with the balck trim, but would like the other SP components.