PDA

View Full Version : How to check average MPG

halaat
02-20-2007, 11:43 AM
Hi Buddies,

I don't have the Computer Button on my Indicator bar.
Do u guys suggest me how to check the Average Miles per gallon if i dont have this option ??
I just wanna know my X3 MPG in the city and on the Highway.

Thanks

kjboyd
02-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Hi Halaat: fill up your gas tank all the way. reset the travel miles indicator, when you are almost out of gas, fill up all the way again, divide the miles indicated in the trip meter by the number of gallons you had to put back in and that will be the avg. miles per gallon.

halaat
02-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Hi KJ,

Thanks for the reply and its useful too.
So there is no other way ??Because with this i cannot differentiate the MPG in city and in highway.Also i need to wait untill my Gas goes to minimum.

Please do suggest me if any other idea..

Thanks

dug01
02-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Hi Buddies,

I don't have the Computer Button on my Indicator bar.
Do u guys suggest me how to check the Average Miles per gallon if i dont have this option ??
I just wanna know my X3 MPG in the city and on the Highway.

Thanks

Wait--don't all X3's come with trip computer standard?? :dunno: :dunno: keep pushing your left steering stalk (the one that flips the high beams) button and watch the display ot the bottom of the speedomenter--it should switch from clock to temp to miles left to adv. mph to adv. mpg with each push.

halaat
02-20-2007, 01:44 PM
Sorry buddy,It doen't work..Any other suggestion?? :cry:

Richard in NC
02-20-2007, 04:07 PM
I believe the trip computer is included with the premium package. If you don't have it, as mentioned just divide miles traveled by gallons used. If you want to check city MPG versus highway MPG you'll have to fill up after each type of run. However if you only drive 100 city miles and put 5 or 6 gallons in, your accuracy won't be that good.

Also a key to best accuracy is to always fill up the same amount (ie, always at the first pump shut-off).

Richard in NC
02-20-2007, 04:15 PM
If you do have the premium package, see the pics below for info from the manual.

crazybelgian
02-20-2007, 04:29 PM
erm, i don't have the premium pacage and still have the trip computer.
Also, you don't have to drive till your tank is almost empty when using the manual method. just fill up and reset trip, then after a while when you have driven a little, fill up again and divide...

If you can't find the avg mpg on a US spec car, something's broken. They all have it.