PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on replacement tires for my 545i??

Bart001
02-22-2007, 10:57 AM
I did pretty good on my oem tires with my non-sport 2005 545i -- 39,000 miles and I've almost hit the wear bars. But seeing as I have 14 mos left on my lease, I may as well get tires soon and enjoy them!

I don't see the oem Conti's on Tire Rack. Any thoughts?? Look for them elsewhere, or go with a different tire? I'm perfectly content with the Conti's. The dealer wants $162 each for them, which seems a bit (~20%) high to me.

Bart001
02-22-2007, 12:23 PM
Bah I did find the Continentals -- they are identified as "all season" which threw me off. I thought my tires were not "all season." :dunno:

They are $132 at Tire Rack and I think I'll just go with those.

Alex550
02-23-2007, 08:04 AM
I have heard really good things about the Avon Tech M500. They are $109 on Tirerack, but if you were satisfied with the Conti's, why change?
Also, I don't know if they have a Discount Tire / American Tire up where you live but I would highly suggest them. They competitively match prices and they have great service. They include free replacements (which I never thought I would use and have twice) and free flat repair (again, thought I would never use and have many times). Because sometimes you find a good price on Tirerack and by the time you pay for shipping and have them installed, plus the hassle of getting the tires from your front door to the tire place, it is cheaper and easier to go to the tire place directly.