xenons
premium sound
privacy

dbtheo
02-26-2007, 02:03 PM
Nice combo, looks sweet:thumbup:

AzNMpower32
02-26-2007, 02:58 PM
Great pics. Love the sport package and Alpine White!

HGX3.0
03-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Picked up yesterday - WOOHOO!!

It is such a sweet ride. I can't get over how much quieter the engine is than the 05 X3 I had. Not to mention the added horsepower/torque. The sport package is firm but not unpleasant. I guess I'm used to the sport package, had it on my 3-series and now this.

My salesman told me that I have the last tobacco interior till they put it back in production in July. He said they are in such demand for the tobacco interior on the X3 and X5 that they have to stop taking orders for it till they can fill the ones they have.

The pictures do not do justice to the look of the white sport package. Everything looks so clean and sharp. The thing I don't like is the orange reflectors on the front bumper. Perhaps a future mod ...

03-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Very nice! Congratulations. That orange reflector looks much better than the one inside the light from previous model year.

Court M3
03-03-2007, 05:25 PM
damn wish I would have gotten Alpine White instead of Flamenco Red!

lilskel
03-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Looks the same as my 06 except for the orange reflectors and I have Terracotta, but similar. Headlights are nice, do you have any better shots showing the new grill? Seems like people here like the white sport package?? I haven't gotten any compliments out on the street though lol

Why didn't you get the 19's?

HGX3.0
03-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Looks the same as my 06 except for the orange reflectors and I have Terracotta, but similar. Headlights are nice, do you have any better shots showing the new grill? Seems like people here like the white sport package?? I haven't gotten any compliments out on the street though lol

Why didn't you get the 19's?

I don't have other pics yet - the grille is silver with chrome accents. I've asked "the forum" if the grille is the same as previous 06 sport model but havent gotten any answers.

I went with the 18's because it is winter here and we've had record snow accumulations since mid December plus bitter cold icy conditions. Just last week there was a 35 car pile up on I-70 on the plains - most unusual!

lilskel
03-03-2007, 11:39 PM
No the grill is different...it's all chrome on my 06 and on my 05 I believe its black with chrome

Just wanted to see what the 19's would look like on white...those are the same wheels as on 06 sport but different than 05...one thing is the bumpers are the same as on 06 sport except the 06 doesn't have the reflectors, but you get better headlights

MMME30W
03-04-2007, 05:16 AM
Nice car.

What did you think of the privacy glass and/or why did you order it?

HGX3.0
03-04-2007, 08:00 AM
Nice car.

What did you think of the privacy glass and/or why did you order it?

Reading the boards, I think most people like to go aftermarket with the window tinting. I would prefer to have the tint slightly darker and on all the windows + rear tailgate; but I don't like the cost and the fact that the tint can be scratched (I have 2 jack russell terriers); whereas the oem tint is built into the glass. JMO

MMME30W
03-04-2007, 08:10 AM
Reading the boards, I think most people like to go aftermarket with the window tinting. I would prefer to have the tint slightly darker and on all the windows + rear tailgate; but I don't like the cost and the fact that the tint can be scratched (I have 2 jack russell terriers); whereas the oem tint is built into the glass. JMO

Thanks for the info. I was curious what you thought.

Oh, and here's a picture of our attack dog. :D

HGX3.0
03-04-2007, 08:11 AM
No the grill is different...it's all chrome on my 06 and on my 05 I believe its black with chrome

Just wanted to see what the 19's would look like on white...those are the same wheels as on 06 sport but different than 05...one thing is the bumpers are the same as on 06 sport except the 06 doesn't have the reflectors, but you get better headlights

Is the SIZE of the grille the same for the 06 and 07 sport?

lilskel
03-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Well I have aftermarket tint and it's nice, however with OEM the rear hatch and quarter windows will look better because they wont have bubbles under the dot matrix

acha85
03-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Well I have aftermarket tint and it's nice, however with OEM the rear hatch and quarter windows will look better because they wont have bubbles under the dot matrix

could you better describe or post pictures of these bubbles your talking about. I am debating getting mine with the privacy glass but I, like HGX3.0, would like the tint to be darker so was thinking of going aftermarket. are there more expensive products that won't bubble? or is it just the nature of the film?

lilskel
03-05-2007, 12:35 PM
I pretty much have the most expensive tint out there, Formula One Ceramic, the only thing more expensive is Huber Optik Ceramic. The film doesn't bubblel if you are thinking it will look like cheap tint with bubbles in it...what I'm talking about is around the perimiter of the windows that don't go up/down (trunk and trunk sides) where there is black dot matrix, the tint has a hard time sticking down there. It sticks and stays there fine, however since the dot matrix is a raised surface it won't fit down into the "dips"...hard to explain I'll try to take a picture today, but with factory tinted cars you will notice the whole window is darker on the outside and the tint blends into the black part

It's overkill to get factory and tint just to take away the dot matrix problem...expensive I mean lol

acha85
03-05-2007, 03:53 PM
great, thanks for the future pics. I guess i'll have to see it to understand what your saying.

How much should i be paying for the two films?

HGX3.0
03-06-2007, 08:24 AM
wingspan - love your killer dog! Looks real similar to my JRs. My neighbor called one of my dogs the "terrier on acid" He has enough love and energy for many!!

As mentioned - aftermarket tint has the draw back of the adhesive not sticking well to the dot matrix areas of the glass. I had that problem with my old passat rear window. The tint installer spent hours working the rear window and did his best but one section of the tint would not adhere no matter what he did. So there was always a slight bubble there. I suppose if you were a perfectionist - that stuff would drive you crazy - but after a while I didn't think about it.

acha85
03-07-2007, 10:08 PM
are they just little bubbles right at the black dots? how far out do they extend. when it gets to the part where it's completely black does it still well there?

is it easy to scratch?

erikbmw1
03-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Nice! I almost waited for the '07 to get the tobacco, but loved the Terracotta more and need a replacement sooner than the '07 would be available. Congrats :thumbup:

HGX3.0
03-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Nice! I almost waited for the '07 to get the tobacco, but loved the Terracotta more and need a replacement sooner than the '07 would be available. Congrats :thumbup:

Thanks - I had the terracotta in my 05 X3 and really liked it. Got many compliments on the highland green/terra combo. However, I decided this time I would switch to a dfferent interior.