PDA

View Full Version : Refresh or LCI as BMW Marketing sees it

cobradav
02-26-2007, 01:23 PM
Did not see any mention of this in a search so thought I would pass it along. Hope it is not repost. This link will take you to some interesting documents from the UK. From kind efforts of E60.net member E60 2007.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&showtopic=37185&view=findpost&p=395122

kevinp
02-26-2007, 03:08 PM
Link is dead, requires a password to enter:dunno:

stevepow
02-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Interesting Info (yes, you have to be a member on that forum for the link to work).

I wonder if that new USB connection is the only iPod option for 08? Nice that it allows for other players, bad that it is behind the console again with the aux jack rather than inside - what are they thinking? Anyway, I hope we can still get the glove box adapter.

I'm also not crazy about the new interior doors. I liked the symmetry from the the current cars and also that the control buttons are sitting up in plain sight, versus the '08 moved to the down-slope of the armrest out of view - I'll have to see that to be sold on that as an improvement.

cobradav
03-01-2007, 08:43 AM
Link is dead, requires a password to enter:dunno:

Sorry, I did not realize that. The document is too large to post here directly in its original form. So I have broken it into 5 pieces plus manipulated some of the graphics as one page alone was over 500k. They are numbered 1 thru 5 and reconstitutes the whole of the original 42 pages. The page numbers are on the pages themselves so you can tell the proper sequence there as well.

Hope this helps.

kevinp
03-01-2007, 09:40 AM
Sorry, I did not realize that. The document is too large to post here directly in its original form. So I have broken it into 5 pieces plus manipulated some of the graphics as one page alone was over 500k. They are numbered 1 thru 5 and reconstitutes the whole of the original 42 pages. The page numbers are on the pages themselves so you can tell the proper sequence there as well.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much:thumbup:

bargamon
03-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Interesting info!

I love the explanation of the new rocker panels optically extending the line of the car.

Try that one at the neighborhood picknick and deserve the ass kicking you'll recieve!

kevinp
03-01-2007, 03:20 PM
I thought I would regret having a 2007, when news of the 2008 changes were flooding this forum. After reviewing the PDF's regarding the changes made to the car, I am glad I am not "Drinking the Koolaid" that Jim Jones....I mean BMW is handing out when you read their justification of their so called "revisions" to the car. Granted I would love to have the TT I-6, but the other changes are weak, at best.

I'm done now....again thanks for the data.:thumbup: