PDA

View Full Version : warrenty work how are loaner cars determined?

DJ_INHALE
02-26-2007, 05:54 PM
I have an e46 m3 (big head ache of an auto) :( I just wish I could find a fun 4 seater manual sports car. (thinking saleen mustang) anyways

I will be bringing it to n. scottsdale bmw for service and I am wondering how loaner cars given out?

I used to have 2 cars and a bike but down to one car so I never took the loaner, just a ride home is all I never asked for.

Anyone have some light for me? My search function is not working btw

thanks in advance

PixMan
02-26-2007, 06:11 PM
At my local dealer, it's "first come, first choice" until they're all loaned out (they have at least four.) This dealer loans out late-model BMW's , and tries to match your car. If you have a 5 series scheduled for service, they try to get you into a 5er, etc.

That said, you have to schedule WEEKS ahead to get one of theirs. Recently, my 530i needed a "cyclonic separator" repair, twice in two weeks. Both times, it was a failure that required immediate service, and none of their loaners were available. So they then contract with Enterprise, and I had a choice between a Chevy Cobalt or a Chrysler PT Cruiser. I took the Chevy, and hated it every bit as much as would have the PT Cruiser.

This was all under my CPO warranty, I don't know what they offer for an out-of-warranty car.

DJ_INHALE
02-26-2007, 06:21 PM
^^I hear you. I better make the apointment tom. hope for this weekend.

I had a flat about a month ago and I was just sitting on the side of the highway waiting for a tow truck and I honest god to wish someone would have just rear ended my car and finished it off. killed it for good

DJ_INHALE
02-27-2007, 06:00 PM
they pay for hertz rental car. Hello dodge neon :(

pay 8 bucks a day