PDA

View Full Version : 535xiT with manual?

miked112
02-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Apologies if this has been asked and answered but I have searched the threads and read the docs and it's not clear...I know that it will be available on the sedan, but will the 5 series Touring be offered with a manual when production starts in September?

Thanks

Mike

ademitt
02-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Apologies if this has been asked and answered but I have searched the threads and read the docs and it's not clear...I know that it will be available on the sedan, but will the 5 series Touring be offered with a manual when production starts in September?

Thanks

Mike

My understanding is not until Sept production.

mapezzul
02-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Nope, not until September... that why I am getting a 2007 can not drive an auto; I hate it.

simplemind
02-27-2007, 07:28 PM
Just one comment. You'd better lease one of these dawgs. :yikes:

Selling an automatic wagon is hard enough, let alone a m/t wagon! :bawling:

That said, it should be one fine driving machine! :thumbup:

mapezzul
02-27-2007, 07:33 PM

Yeah... add in the sport pack, navigation, manual, a crazy blue color with auburn interior and you get a car that has little resale attraction; man oh man do I love leasing :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :rofl: :p :p

miked112
02-28-2007, 09:44 AM

I had an Audi Allroad 6MT wagon and you're right, try to trade it or sell it locally and you have no shot. But there was actually a pretty strong online market for them; because they are so rare they would get snapped up pretty quickly on ebay or autotrader, and people would travel long distances to get one.

But you're right, no point in taking that risk when you can lease. Hope the rates are back to earth by the fall.

miked112
02-28-2007, 09:56 AM
Yeah... add in the sport pack, navigation, manual, a crazy blue color with auburn interior and you get a car that has little resale attraction; man oh man do I love leasing :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :rofl: :p :p

Pretty much exactly what I will be getting, except space grey instead of blue. That was the final piece that caused me to decide to wait for the 08, we saw space grey on the 3 series and really liked it.

Looking forward to the same looks I used to get when people got in my Audi and saw the manual..."why the hell did you get this with a stick?!" :D

caveatesq
02-28-2007, 10:07 AM
"why the hell did you get this with a stick?!" :D

Those are the exact words my father-in-law said when he first sat in my wife's new 530xit (which is leased, BTW).

sayemthree
02-28-2007, 12:09 PM
it appears it will be available in September, but no one can confirm it. my salesman says don't beleive it from BMW until you see it and it is confirmed.

as far as a wagon with a stick and resale? we just sold our 1999 528it 5 speed manaul sport premium for $4000 OVER KBB private party price. We got calls and emails for months afterwards expressing interest.

note on the order guide footnote 2 on the wagon says AT option is required.

mullman
02-28-2007, 12:33 PM
I love leasing :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :rofl: :p :p

+1

I have leased for 10+ years now and probably will never buy another car...

miked112
02-28-2007, 01:13 PM
note on the order guide footnote 2 on the wagon says AT option is required.

It does, but it also says that for the 535i and xi sedans, and in the pricing guide it says that the 535i and xi will come with 6MT standard starting 9\07 production. It's just not clear whether that also includes the xiT...my guess would be it probably does, just wondering if anyone knew for sure.

scottscottscott
03-02-2007, 01:47 AM
I had an Audi Allroad 6MT wagon and you're right, try to trade it or sell it locally and you have no shot. But there was actually a pretty strong online market for them; because they are so rare they would get snapped up pretty quickly on ebay or autotrader, and people would travel long distances to get one.

But you're right, no point in taking that risk when you can lease. Hope the rates are back to earth by the fall.

I hope your right about the online market...I just bought a 530 Touring with manual trans because I had no lease option (I bought it through diplo sales in the UK). I suppose I could have gone with the automatic, but I'm just a fan of the manual. Anyway, why would someone NOT want a sporty driver's wagon with a manual? Regardless, it's a great ride and when/if the BMW brings a diesel Touring to the States, I might think about trading up eventually.

Majikthese42
03-03-2007, 07:14 AM

I have a '98 Volvo turbo wagon with a 5-speed manual (they are fairly rare), and the kids at the parts counter at my Volvo dealer behave like my dog when I walk in the door with a package of fresh fish.

I had been thinking of ordering a 328iT manual, but Fall 2007 for a 2008 535xiT manual could work out well since the Volvo turns ten in October. Too bad they don't offer the 2WD version, I'm thinking of the repairs in the later years.

I'm another one who doesn't know how to drive an automatic.

shabbaman
03-03-2007, 10:17 AM
I sold a set of rims to a fellow with a 2002 525iT ZSP 5sp a while back. He said that he found out that between 2002 and 2003 there were less than 500 of them built in that configuration (there was no 530iT and the 540iT was auto only). He waited for a long time until he came across his car and even then, had to travel several hundred miles (or more) to pick it up.

I'm sure whomever will get my 530xiT in 2 years will be a very happy and very lucky camper.

The sales manager at my dealership said that it was one of, if not, the only 530xiT 6sp they sold, and they are a top ten dealership in volume.

sayemthree
03-06-2007, 06:25 PM
I am pretty sure mine was one of a kind to the USA in 1999 - Biaritz blue, grey leather sport, premium, 5 speed manual AND Euro delivery (full tool kit, triangle and first aid kit)

bucksbud
03-22-2007, 05:31 PM
I was wondering if the wait until September delivery of the manual on the 535 xit would include ED? Anyone have any thoughts. I really want this car with manual and the new twin turbo is too good to pass up...however the lease on my current LR3 is up in June! This really screws up my plans. Dealership has been no help at all. Really don't want to hit hte used market. From what I have seen they are stripped down without nav or Logic 7. Anyone help?

ademitt
03-23-2007, 06:40 AM
I was wondering if the wait until September delivery of the manual on the 535 xit would include ED? Anyone have any thoughts. I really want this car with manual and the new twin turbo is too good to pass up...however the lease on my current LR3 is up in June! This really screws up my plans. Dealership has been no help at all. Really don't want to hit hte used market. From what I have seen they are stripped down without nav or Logic 7. Anyone help?

The manuals are not going to be produced until September production. So assuming that the car must be built 30 days prior to ED pick-up, the soonest you could ED a MT 530xiT would be early October.