PDA

View Full Version : Acura TSX . . . this picture is looking pretty nice !!

AF
01-14-2003, 05:39 PM
In this picture, it is really starting to look like a great car . . . I got an email from Acura and it had a little video on the car in action and it looked great. I have a funny feeling this is going to be one heck of a car plus unlike the 4 door GSR integra, this has a beautiful interior !!!

http://members.roadfly.com/alan927/AcuraTSX.jpg

ObD
01-14-2003, 07:10 PM
4 banger :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

bluer1
01-14-2003, 07:19 PM
FWD :thumbdwn:

PhilH
01-14-2003, 07:27 PM
It's going to be a nice, sporty, FWD, 4-cylinder Honda.

If we didn't want another wagon for my wife, it would be at the top of our list to replace our Passat. The TSX is one of only a few choices when you're looking for a loaded $25k family car with decent handling.

JT - '02 330i
01-14-2003, 09:20 PM
Saw one at the San Jose auto show. 200hp. Not exactly your super performance sedan...

OBS3SSION
01-15-2003, 04:45 AM
What is it, a Civic with Acura badges?

Artslinger
01-15-2003, 05:30 AM
From the styling and the wheels you can definitely tell they going after the 325i market.

What's up with that rear wing?
*Note to all car manufactures, lose the rear wing on all non high performance automobiles (supercars)... wings are passe.

PhilH
01-15-2003, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by OBS3SSION
It's the European/JDM Accord, which is smaller than the US Accord, uses only a 4-cylinder and has sportier handling.

jw
01-15-2003, 06:29 AM
I think it looks horrible! :thumbdwn:

HW
01-15-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by OBS3SSION

that would be acura el.

PhilH
01-15-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by HW
that would be acura el.
You're right, and AFAIK the Acura EL is sold only in Canada.

AF
01-15-2003, 06:46 PM
I haven't read up on this Acura . . . is this supposed to be replacing the integra 4 door or are they going after the Is300/G35 ?

bmw325
01-15-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Alan F
I haven't read up on this Acura . . . is this supposed to be replacing the integra 4 door or are they going after the Is300/G35 ?

Its basicallly the euro version of the new accord-- so its smaller and handles better than the US version. But, its still FWD. It'll sell for around 25k. I guess they're sort of competing w/ the IS, 3 series and G35 but w/ FWD. It looks ok. I really wish Honda would just make a RWD sedan and be done w/ it.:dunno:

PhilH
01-15-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by robg
I really wish Honda would just make a RWD sedan and be done w/ it.:dunno:
Right now, I really need to buy a 330i. Besides being exactly what I'm looking for in a car, it's also a classic shape that has yet to be truly Bangled.

However, after I've bought my first new BMW, I may be open to buying something else, especially if the E90 is ugly inside and out. A RWD Honda sport sedan along with the G35 and RX-8 are by far the most tempting choices. However, I'd miss the group of guys I hang out with on track days with the BMW CCA...

edit-->the group I hang out with/eat with at these events own an interesting mix of BMWs:

E30 325is
E36 M3
E46 323i
E46 M3
and me, most recently with an E34 525i

Funny thing is, they never argue about which is best...

AF
01-15-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by PhilH
Right now, I really need to buy a 330i. Besides being exactly what I'm looking for in a car, it's also a classic shape that has yet to be truly Bangled.

However, after I've bought my first new BMW, I may be open to buying something else, especially if the E90 is ugly inside and out. A RWD Honda sport sedan along with the G35 and RX-8 are by far the most tempting choices. However, I'd miss the group of guys I hang out with on track days with the BMW CCA...

I'll actually be surprised if I end up buying ANOTHER Bmw next time around . . . since my car is only 2 months old I haven't given it much thought but I am pretty sure it won't be another Bimmer.

bmw325
01-15-2003, 07:36 PM
I'll actually be surprised if I end up buying ANOTHER Bmw next time around . . . since my car is only 2 months old I haven't given it much thought but I am pretty sure it won't be another Bimmer.

I probably won't either. Nothing against my car--overall I really like it. But I'm sick of BMW dealers, and I'm pretty sure that I'll find BMW's entire line to be extremely ugly by the time I'm ready. Right now, nothing really tempts me--except maybe an e39 or e34. I just have a feeling that if Honda made a RWD sedan, I'd like it a lot (i bet it would have: a well built functional interior; clean, compact styling; good reliability; great shifter; great engine; great handling). I've got plenty of time to wait since my car is less than 2 years old. What type of car do you think you'lll end up with next ALan? Would it still be a sedan, or would it be more of a sports car?

AF
01-15-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by robg
I probably won't either. Nothing against my car--overall I really like it. But I'm sick of BMW dealers, and I'm pretty sure that I'll find BMW's entire line to be extremely ugly by the time I'm ready. Right now, nothing really tempts me--except maybe an e39 or e34. I just have a feeling that if Honda made a RWD sedan, I'd like it a lot (i bet it would have: a well built functional interior; clean, compact styling; good reliability; great shifter; great engine; great handling). I've got plenty of time to wait since my car is less than 2 years old. What type of car do you think you'lll end up with next ALan? Would it still be a sedan, or would it be more of a sports car?

Really Rob, I haven't given it much thought . . . a good possibility might be the new E320, everytime I see a new E class in black I love it . . . I have to see if I want a stick next or an automatic.

Another possiblity might be the G35 Coupe or even possibly an A4/S4 if they redesign the center console to be more comfortable.

You should really test out the new A4, it has all the qualities our BMW have without as much little annoying crap. My brother has the Ming Blue on his 3.0Q and it is really beautiful, we work together so our cars will end up next to each other a lot and seeing htem together I really think it is a better looking car then our 3er.

bmw325
01-16-2003, 07:27 AM
I really think it is a better looking car then our 3er. [/B]

Agree. Both inside and out. But, I think the 3's interior has one of the best layouts of any car. Also agree on the E-class-- I think its one of the better looking cars out there. Its going to look even better when BMW introduces the uglified 5 series. I doubt they'll ever offer a stick in the E-class though. It also seems like Mercedes is having more quality problems than either Audi or BMW these days.

JST
01-16-2003, 07:47 AM
Really Rob, I haven't given it much thought . . . a good possibility might be the new E320, everytime I see a new E class in black I love it . . . I have to see if I want a stick next or an automatic.

Another possiblity might be the G35 Coupe or even possibly an A4/S4 if they redesign the center console to be more comfortable.

You should really test out the new A4, it has all the qualities our BMW have without as much little annoying crap. My brother has the Ming Blue on his 3.0Q and it is really beautiful, we work together so our cars will end up next to each other a lot and seeing htem together I really think it is a better looking car then our 3er.

The E500 is a nice drive, with very tight handling and a well damped ride. The E320 (which uses conventional springs rather than the air system on the 500) is craptacular. It wallows and floats and generally feels like a base model Taurus. The E class is a nice looking car, and if I had to buy a mid-market Mercedes the E500 is probably what I would get, but the E320 is underwhelming.

DaveN323i
01-16-2003, 09:54 AM
Back to the Acura. I wonder how it will compete with the new Mazda 6. In terms of hp, I think they both are about the same. So, the issue will be handling and looks.

Jeff_DML
01-16-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by DaveN323i
Back to the Acura. I wonder how it will compete with the new Mazda 6. In terms of hp, I think they both are about the same. So, the issue will be handling and looks.

Handling wise I think the Mazda 6 and the TSX will compete well. Engine wise the 6 has a V6 versus Acuras high-strung 4 cyclinder so I think they are a bit different. Also the 4 cylinder 6 is not comparable to the Acura 4,.

Jeff

P.S. Shouldnt this be in the off-topic forum:) Unless we really believe this is a BMW competition

DaveN323i
01-16-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Jeff_DML
P.S. Shouldnt this be in the off-topic forum:) Unless we really believe this is a BMW competition

I don't think so. Going off topic here, but the general discussion area seems to be anything related to automobiles, while the off topic area is more of a social/political area. In a sense, the off topic area is similar to the toadfly lounge area, sans the sticky floor. :lmao:

Jeff_DML
01-16-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by DaveN323i
I don't think so. Going off topic here, but the general discussion area seems to be anything related to automobiles, while the off topic area is more of a social/political area. In a sense, the off topic area is similar to the toadfly lounge area, sans the sticky floor. :lmao:

Really? I have been posting all non-bmw related automobile stuff on off-topic. Learn something new everyday.

DaveN323i
01-16-2003, 10:44 AM
Really? I have been posting all non-bmw related automobile stuff on off-topic. Learn something new everyday.

I said generally. Sometimes off topic board topics should be in the flame board. This is a democracy, not Singapore. Oops.

bmw325
01-16-2003, 11:54 AM
Handling wise I think the Mazda 6 and the TSX will compete well. Engine wise the 6 has a V6 versus Acuras high-strung 4 cyclinder so I think they are a bit different. Also the 4 cylinder 6 is not comparable to the Acura 4,.

Jeff

From what I've read, Acura may put a version of the US Accord's V6 into the TSX.

tgravo2
01-16-2003, 12:50 PM
Never liked the new Accord and this doesn't get much better. :thumbdwn:

Emission
01-16-2003, 08:41 PM
Alan,

I saw one at the car show... I didn't even walk over to it. Too much Accord in it to make me look.

G35 is much, much better.

bmw325
01-16-2003, 09:55 PM
Just looked at an interior pic. It bears a close resemblance to the E46 interior-- and looks to be made of high quality materials unlike the IS and G35. Bland, but nice. So, if the G35 and the TSX mated, we'd have an interesting car.