PDA

View Full Version : Another BMW Nav Question

Crobar
03-01-2007, 07:36 AM
Just picked up my 2007 BMW 525i and in using the navigation system is it possible to get it to use the full screen and not just a portion?

Also. In navigation is there any way to remove the symbols i.e. restauraunts and other locations or do you have to always have at least one on?

Other then that the car has been AMAZING!!

Did think I had the ipod intergration installd but apparently I got every option but that. The aux input seems great. If I did in fact have the integration kit installed would the connect be in the glove box?

Thanks,

astrohip
03-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Just picked up my 2007 BMW 525i and in using the navigation system is it possible to get it to use the full screen and not just a portion?
You can also have NAV appear in the smaller right hand box, but it will be a partial snip of the same display that is in the larger left hand box. You can show them at the same time, or one or the other. But no way to get one larger contiguous display.

mapezzul
03-01-2007, 08:47 PM

Also. In navigation is there any way to remove the symbols i.e. restauraunts and other locations or do you have to always have at least one on?

Other then that the car has been AMAZING!!

Did think I had the ipod intergration installd but apparently I got every option but that. The aux input seems great. If I did in fact have the integration kit installed would the connect be in the glove box?

Thanks,

Have you read the manual? I seem to remember an entire section on this somewhere....?Hmmm maybe unclick the information part on the left side by sliding the controller and then turning it and pushing it. The Ipod kit is a dealer install and it costs a small fortune and takes over 5 hours to install (they claim), you would know if you had it; it would be in the glove compartment and burned a hole in your wallet.

Best of luck..... (spend a few minutes reading the manual and just fiddling, you will get it!):thumbup:

mapezzul
03-01-2007, 08:50 PM
But no way to get one larger contiguous display.

Initially it is one large display without the small one but it immediately becomes two screens once the small one is initiated.... it is the strangest thing but it is true. I remember when I first test drove an E90 with the nav and it was brand new the nav screen was full screen, the dealer showed me the small location screen and then could not figure out how to get the nav map back to full, well because it does not go back!:yikes:

astrohip
03-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Initially it is one large display without the small one but it immediately becomes two screens once the small one is initiated...
We had an extensive thread about this several months back, and I thought it was decided this is not true. :dunno: Just another urban legend :rolleyes:

Gianny
03-02-2007, 09:04 AM
How does one keep the large display? I hated that part while doing my ED!!!

Crobar
03-02-2007, 11:13 AM
I know the manual would have been easier but I was at my office and want goin to have a chance to get back to my car for several hours..So thanks for helping me out..

I did figure everything out so thanks..I did nto get the ipod intergration but my sales guy had told me the wrong info..Oh well..The aux seems to work great and I like being able to select my songs at will..

One final question..and this may be in the manual as well but since I am posting.

Does the side window on nav, when it shows your position, always display an N with the little arrow indicating directions of travel or should it change to W and so on if traveling in that direction

Thanks again!!!

sjaroslo
03-02-2007, 02:00 PM
The "N" denotes North, so it always point to the north. It is not showing direction of travel. When using Nav in the larger window, there is another arrow also displayed which I believe always points to your destination. I assume that you figured out how to turn off the icons? While in the Nav mode, slide the iDrive controller to the left, that should put the selector box in the column on the left-hand side of the screen. Spin the controller until the "i" is highlighted, then push down on the controller. That should put a "slash" through the "i" and will turn off the "Information," which is what the icons were representing: gas stations, parking, restaurants, whatever you last looked for under Information.

ExGMan
03-02-2007, 02:06 PM
Now that I've been using the NAV for five months, I find I like to have the "Map Direction of Travel" display show in the LH or "big" side of the screen, and the "Arrow Display" in the RH side if I'm actually navigating to a destination. Otherwise, I put the "Current Position" in the RH display when not navigating. I almost never use the "Perpective" display because that display essentially strips almost all of the geographic data/information/street names etc. from the map.