PDA

View Full Version : WHICH ONE would you choose?

FireWalker
03-01-2007, 07:37 PM
I still haven't warmed up 100% to the Bangle redesign. The new TT engine is very, very tempting:thumbup: but every time I see an E60 on the road, it reminds me how 'perfect' and timeless the E39 design is.
Looking at the photos below, which one would you choose if neither wore the roundel badge?

XMN
03-01-2007, 07:53 PM
E60

My opinion only.

Peace

Rick

InspireSiR
03-01-2007, 07:57 PM
I know this is an E60 forum and I might seem biased since I drive an E39, but I've honestly tried to warm up to the E60 design. It just hasn't happened for me going on 4 years after it's initial intro.

1. It doesn't look as agressive as the E39 (just my opinion), and
2. Per numerous car mag reviews, it DOES handle better, but supposedly it lacks the feel of previous BMW's.

But then again, where can you find another V8 sedan mated to a 6 speed manual tranny? All that comes to my mind is Audi S4 and RS4.

Anyways, I've decided to skip the E60 generation altogether and am patiently waiting for the F10 chassis to be released circa 2010.

I still have a great 540i/6 to tide me over in the mean time! :bigpimp:

Edit: I just saw the pic of an E60 right above me. Good Lawd! What is that? 22 inches of chrome??? Those wheels might as well be wrapped in rubber bands hahaha...Your speedometer must be all out of whack too. But if that's your style, more power to you...

astrohip
03-01-2007, 08:10 PM
I found the poll (don't take this personally) somewhat insulting. I don't buy a car because of a badge, I buy a car for the way it handles, the way it looks, the way it makes me feel. I have never bought a car because of how someone else might feel (except my wife and her color choices for me :rofl: )

I owned two E39s and currently own an E60. Love(d) all of them. But the E39 was last century's technology, and an E60 is now. I could go on and on, but I'm moving on.

YMMV.

FireWalker
03-01-2007, 08:40 PM
I found the poll (don't take this personally) somewhat insulting. I don't buy a car because of a badge, I buy a car for the way it handles, the way it looks, the way it makes me feel. I have never bought a car because of how someone else might feel (except my wife and her color choices for me :rofl: )

I owned two E39s and currently own an E60. Love(d) all of them. But the E39 was last century's technology, and an E60 is now. I could go on and on, but I'm moving on.

YMMV.
First of all, this poll is not meant to imply that anyone here chooses his/her car because of a badge.:tsk: Some people clearly do, but that's another topic/discussion not intended for this thread.
Second, the choice in the poll is meant to be between THE DESIGNS ONLY, without reference to handling, technology, power etc. That's, again, for another discussion.
Very simple... just looking at the two cars, no badges, no preconceived ideas/attributes... simply design, poise, timelessness.
Nice ride btw,
Cheers:beerchug:

vegastrashed
03-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Posting this poll here in the e60 forum, the vast majority of people visiting here will of course vote for the car they drive, the e60. Post the same poll over on the e39 forum, you'll get the same kind of response, the e39. It shouldn't matter what other people think. If after 3 years and you haven't warmed up to Bangle's design you never will.

gbelton
03-01-2007, 09:34 PM
E60

astrohip
03-01-2007, 10:36 PM
Very simple...just looking at the two cars, no badges, no preconceived ideas/attributes... simply design, poise, timelessness.
Can't be done. Humans can't look at cars that they have emotional feelings about without preconceptions. And if you don't think you have emotional feelings about your car, why are you here? :bigpimp:

(I mean "you" in the generic sense, not any one person)

razzy530
03-02-2007, 01:36 PM
E60

My opinion only.

Peace

Rick

That looks Nasty : puke:

krash
03-02-2007, 01:42 PM
e60 with or without badge.

e39 looks old and out of date.

XMN
03-02-2007, 01:44 PM
That looks Nasty

I drive what I like, you drive what you like.

I aint that serious.

Peace

Rick

razzy530
03-02-2007, 01:57 PM
look, i didnt mean to be, well, mean. Its just the car looks like its all wheels, thats all. Hey, whatever floats your boat!!!
Peace man!

stevepow
03-02-2007, 03:27 PM
I still haven't warmed up 100% to the Bangle redesign. The new TT engine is very, very tempting:thumbup: but every time I see an E60 on the road, it reminds me how 'perfect' and timeless the E39 design is.
Looking at the photos below, which one would you choose if neither wore the roundel badge?

Looking at the photos, badge or no badge, looks like a pair of BMWs. I cannot see how badge removal changes anything.

I liked my e39 - beautiful car. I like the e60 also - although, it is not as naturally nice looking to me as the e39 is, but it is growing on me.

FireWalker
03-02-2007, 06:03 PM
XAMN, nice ride!:thumbup:
razzy530, I didn't start this thread to flame on individual tastes on mods or upgrades.
This thread is about the general DESIGN of the two models.
Cheers

rich/minn
03-02-2007, 06:34 PM
I like the bangle flame design in the e60. For some reason, I don't like it as well with the e90.

AzNMpower32
03-02-2007, 08:23 PM
I prefer understated looks. That answers the question easily.

jcatral14
03-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Hmmm