PDA

View Full Version : Hope this is the right place -- some help needed

py6km
03-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Hi All,

This week I bought a used BMW 520i SE from my local BMW dealer. It was first registered in Oct 2003, so it the facelift model - not sure if E60 is the correct place (someone from another thread said it was....)

Anyway....today when switching the car on there was a lot of serious juddering from the engine - I didn't know what to do, but it seemed like it was stalling or something so I revved it up, and the judder ended. Then a second later, the iDrive beeped at me and said "Engine Fault! Drive moderately". It also said something about high (or heavy) loads could cause damage to the catalytic converter, and that I should take it to get checked out.

I went to the dealer, and they downloaded the info from the key -- they came back to me saying that at some point the car must have run completely out of fuel. This caused the error code. It seems odd to me that the fault code only caused this warning after two days of driving the car though.

Also, whenever the car is swithced off (hot or cold), there is judder from the engine.

I'm really worried about this -- it is covered under a warranty, but I'm anxious that there is something seriously wrong with the car.

Does anyone else have any experience of issues like this?

Kind Regards

neill
03-02-2007, 10:03 PM
You may want to try E60 forums - the technical level of expertise there is pretty strong.....