PDA

View Full Version : Acura RDX Tech Dissapointed...(long)

x3ronnie
03-02-2007, 07:26 PM
My X3 lease will be up in September and I've been looking around for alternatives. Not that I'm unhappy with the X3, but just looking around. After seeing the RDX Tech at the car show, I visited the dealer for a second look, and test drive. I remembered all of the toys from the car show, but after playing around with them for a while I've found that they are just that-toys. The Voice activated everything is really cool! I mean you can select a radio station by speaking it, and so much more. Strangely, only the driver's seat is power. There is no seat memory, and no automatic headlights. Sitting in the driver's seat things feel cheap and plastic. The audio system with surround modes is different. The nav display is kind of washed out, and could be brighter. Storage in the center console is large and can be configured to suit individual needs. The aux input is right on the radio(where it belongs). Driving the RDX I immmediately noticed the turbo lag. You step on the accelerator, and...then a response. The ride seemed mushy and boring. I thought I might try to save some green, as the RDX Tech stickers out at about 37K, but in the end it's not even close to my X3. There is only one vehicle for me, and I am counting down to my '07 X3 3.0 si

mateo
03-02-2007, 11:32 PM
You will not regret getting another X3. I drove the RDX 3-4 times, and almost flipped it once on a on-ramp. It is not balanced well, and the turbo motor would be better suited on a car. The fit and finish is not bad, but a bit trendy IMO. I have owned Hondas for years, but the dealer experience on my last, (acura) was the last straw. They have no clue on how to treat a customer! I drove the 2006 X3 a few times, and knew the changes for 07 would make this little SAV great for my daily driver. All I can say is, this is not going to be my last BMW. I simply love it. This is coming from a guy that said I would never, ever own any SUV.

-Mateo

Tucsonbmw
03-03-2007, 06:25 AM
I just got my 07 si and all I can say i OMG. I have never driven anything tis tuned and refined. I always wondered why anyone would pay 40k+ for a suv....Well now I know. Sure you can get a MDX, RDX, Infiniti or mazda(all nice cars) but spend the extra cash an get a X3. It blows everything else away.
Sean

AzNMpower32
03-03-2007, 07:03 AM
That's the thing with many Acura vehicles. It's a good value, but there's always some things left out. I remember the 4-way power passenger seat in my friend's TL.......uh right even my 10 year old ES300 has 8 way power passenger seats, and this TL is supposed to be a luxury car?! And for some reason Honda always neglects to put a simple auto headlight sensor- very annoying and quite cheap. Even cheap GM cars have this nice feature.