PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone explain this????

jammat
03-04-2007, 06:17 PM
I did not drive my 530i today except to briefly backup in the garage to clen thae car this morning. While I was cleaning I heard the not uncommon whirring sound that comes from the when you exit or open the car.

Now several hours later I go to the car and notice that the right headligt and right rear lights are on. What the heck is this?? I also noticed yesterday that the fasten your seatbelt chime would not go off despite the fact that I had the belt securely fastened. I stopped the car shut the engine off and without unhooking the seatbelt restarted the car and the chime did not return.????????

tjgolden
03-04-2007, 07:33 PM
I stopped the car shut the engine off and without unhooking the seatbelt restarted the car and the chime did not return.????????

It's called "rebooting the commputer".

Me530
03-04-2007, 07:50 PM
If your turn signal stalk was activated after your car was in the off position, it turns on the tail and headlight on the side you choose. Its for parking safety.

jammat
03-04-2007, 08:46 PM
A safety feature to kill the battery if this is done accendentaly? Is there a time limit to this to save the battery?

Thanks for your answer.

mapezzul
03-05-2007, 05:09 AM
A safety feature to kill the battery if this is done accendentaly? Is there a time limit to this to save the battery?

Thanks for your answer.

It will not kill the battery unless you leave it like that for days. It is a feature that is often used in Europe and or places with on the street parking and you are the first car in a row and a traffic lane has ended. It saves you from drivers not paying attention and driving into the rear of your car when it is dark out. I have used it several times for hours with no battery issues.

jammat
03-05-2007, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated.