PDA

View Full Version : Another Bluetooth Telephone Question

jonathanx5
03-05-2007, 04:26 AM
On a 2007 X3 is there a way to not answer a call and have it go to directly to voicemail or do you have to wait until it stops ringing?

Thanks

ycrazyy
03-05-2007, 05:59 AM
You can hit the ignore button on your phone :) I believe that is the only way

ViperNY
03-05-2007, 06:32 AM
I just got my 2007 X3 this weekend and I have a question about the bluetooth/hands free. I noticed that when I go to answer the phone and hit the steering wheel or dash button, I get a burst of static as the audio gets muted and the phone call gets picked up.

I dont have this issue with my 2006 525i, it switches smoothly, no noise, no static burst. Anyone got anything similar, is this normal for the X3, is this maybe a programing issue on BMW's part?

Vipz

ycrazyy
03-05-2007, 11:03 AM
It does the same thing on my 2007 X3. I was annoyed by it at first, but have gotten used to it. I'm assuming it's however they programmed it into this car.

kjboyd
03-05-2007, 12:37 PM
my 06 does NOT do that. the radio just fades out nicely.

Burtman
03-05-2007, 01:25 PM
I have a "Razor" phone from Cingular and have no static when using it in my 07 x3.

Technic
03-05-2007, 01:30 PM
I just got my 2007 X3 this weekend and I have a question about the bluetooth/hands free. I noticed that when I go to answer the phone and hit the steering wheel or dash button, I get a burst of static as the audio gets muted and the phone call gets picked up.

I dont have this issue with my 2006 525i, it switches smoothly, no noise, no static burst. Anyone got anything similar, is this normal for the X3, is this maybe a programing issue on BMW's part?

Vipz

Seems to me that your TCU is flaky... take it to your dealer. It should not be any static/noise/pops/cracks in the Bluetooth audio.

ycrazyy
03-05-2007, 01:51 PM
I know exactly what he is talking about, and it's not DURING a conversation. It's when it makes the switch from the stereo to the Bluetooth and vice versa it makes a pop. It's not a constant thing while in a conversation.

But if this does sound like a problem I guess back to the dealership I go (wish I knew, I was just in for my steering wheel and various other electronic issues last week)

ViperNY
03-06-2007, 07:10 AM
Thanks ycrazyy, your are correct, it only happens when I switch between stero to bluetooth.

Got other issues with my less than a week old X3 that I have to call the dealer today, steering to tight, breaks are squeal and make a thumping noise, oil light came on last night. Sorry, wrong thread to vent in, but I am getting a little disapointed after only a week.

Vipz